cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG 3 - Android 11 ETA

ZT-71508606
Star III
Model Name: ZS661KS-6A006IN | Firmware Version: 17.0823.2104.147

Recently bought the phone to enjoy my games, but looks like all the users are awaiting for the Android 11 upgrade for a very long time.
I previously owned Pixel 4, which drags me further down (from 12 to 10), I badly request the admin and moderators to share the official ETA of Android 11 upgrade. With such huge fanbase and great phone hardware in our hands, its really frustrating to stay with old generation of SW.

Waiting for a positive response! 🤞
110 REPLIES 110

AVS
Star III
July first week ended, second week ended .. better directly do beta testing for Android 12 for rog 3 instead of rolling out stable android 11! Android 11 isn't that of a upgrade over A10 better go for A12, ( i know ppl will say beta happened till now , so? Just do beta testing for A12 better of that way than waiting for A11 that won't arrive)

leviroth0
Rising Star I
AVS

July first week ended, second week ended .. better directly do beta testing for Android 12 for rog 3 instead of rolling out stable android 11! Android 11 isn't that of a upgrade over A10 better go for A12, ( i know ppl will say beta happened till now , so? Just do beta testing for A12 better of that way than waiting for A11 that won't arrive)

View post
Completely agree with that. Just scrap 11, seems to be nothing but headaches for the devs and us users waiting around and do bi monthly security updates and work on 12 now. And hopefully we'll see a stable release before 2022

l4ur_z
Star II
Development for ROG3 currently has 0 developers allocated, so don't expect to see updates as all are working on other stuff. The first ROG device in queue for development is ROG5, they try to get it to A12 inside Q1 of 2023. But even that is low priority as Zenfone takes precedence over ROG...and once a new model in the series is announced, nobody cares about last year's model in terms of development. Long story short, if updates is what you care about, don't ever get a ROG phone.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
l4ur_z

Development for ROG3 currently has 0 developers allocated, so don't expect to see updates as all are working on other stuff. The first ROG device in queue for development is ROG5, they try to get it to A12 inside Q1 of 2023. But even that is low priority as Zenfone takes precedence over ROG...and once a new model in the series is announced, nobody cares about last year's model in terms of development. Long story short, if updates is what you care about, don't ever get a ROG phone.

View post
Looking at the state of the rog5 I would think this is false. It seems they focus more on the Rog3 rather than Rog5 at this moment. The rog5 is an absolute bug fiesta. Have you been in the subforum for the Rog5? Take a look there, it's a disaster

ZT-71508606
Star III
Think ROG 3 will get the Android 11 next year only, Android 12 not even in the list. #Frustrated