Greave
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

screenshot-20210513-231107467.jpg
Hello, is anybody facing the problem with Slow charging? Today it suddenly stop working, I still see two lightning symbols next to battery icon and phone is charging very fast. I want to use Slow charging for longer battery life but I don't know why it stopped working. Until today it was charging slowly. The Slow charging option is still ON. (Ultra slow). Please help!
26 REPLIES 26

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Reported this issue. Devs aren't even fixing it. So many issues with this phone

ajinkya017
Rising Star II
@waxy78611
This issue was present in ROG 3 as well. Took 3-4 months to be fixed. So you may have to be patient. There was no mention in the changelog as well. It just was fixed. So should it be for ROG 5. A pretty good feature tbh.
It is difficult to see what is happening with these phones as different users face different issues, while some report it doesn't work, some say it does.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I've suggested to our devs that we should exchange the hypercharge logo with a steady charge logo whenever it's active since a lot of users still believe it's hyper charging when the logo looks the same.
For those of you who still believe you're not steady charging when it's enabled, please compare with the feature on and off while looking at an app like accubattery, ampere or 3c battery manager. Your phone must be below 20% because if you compare at above 50% then it's possible that the charger is already charging at 18W even before you activate steady charging. If you want to compare above 50% then you must compare disabled VS Ultra Steady charging to notice the difference.
You can also not compare your numbers with a ROG Phone 3 since most apps are not aware that there are two batteries in ROG Phone 5

luizarthurbrito
Star III
This is so buggy that not only my ROG phone 5 doesn't slow charge but also doesn't even show the steady/ultra steady options. This is rather frustrating since this one of the features that made me buy this phone. I'm now using a slower third party charger so I don't damage my battery. Also the passthrough charging option doesn't exist!!!!
screenshot-20210622-032653470.jpg

quangchuot1509
Star III
luizarthurbrito

This is so buggy that not only my ROG phone 5 doesn't slow charge but also doesn't even show the steady/ultra steady options. This is rather frustrating since this one of the features that made me buy this phone. I'm now using a slower third party charger so I don't damage my battery. Also the passthrough charging option doesn't exist!!!!

screenshot-20210622-032653470.jpg

View post
you have to click the slow charging option to see the ultra steady section. Also you cant activate passthrough charging in the setting, when you play game and connect the charger, slide from the left of the screen and you will see the option bypass charging.