karthikraina404
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5 GLOBAL EDITION
Firmware Version: ON Latest version
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): OS
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I JUST PLAYED 1HR PUBG AND 30MINS OF LISTENING MUSIC, PLEASE CHECKOUT THE BATTERY DRAIN ON SCREENSHOT AND PROVIDE A SOLUTION
screenshot-20210526-110701364-281-29.jpg

84 REPLIES 84

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Anna-Kin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171698#Comment_171698

Yep yep, if your SOT is consistent as before, then I also getting the same SOT, i.e. 6 Hours approx with 25% charge remaining.

But, then there's theJus44 who is getting 12 hours SOT.. damn.. I am confused.

Is my phone faulty or did Asus sent shit units to India? Who knows.. M going crazy.... 😂😅

View post
Do a replacement request and get rid of the phone, check if that new device is working good or not. I am saying this as your replacement time closing today. In the meantime hard reset your phone and check if it resolves the matter. If not get a new one. If it works fine,tell Flipkart to close the replacement request

Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
Reaperzwolf

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171701#Comment_171701

Do a replacement request and get rid of the phone, check if that new device is working good or not. I am saying this as your replacement time closing today. In the meantime hard reset your phone and check if it resolves the matter. If not get a new one. If it works fine,tell Flipkart to close the replacement request

View post
Yeah, I ll put in a replacement request, and in the meantime, I ll do what @thejus44 mentioned, except I ll not root the phone.

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Anna-Kin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171703#Comment_171703

Yeah, I ll put in a replacement request, and in the meantime, I ll do what @thejus44 mentioned, except I ll not root the phone.

View post
Absolutely. Dont attempt to root. It will void the warranty. Even if resetting fixes the issue, later due to root your warranty claims in future will be ruled out. All the best. Talk to Flipkart and ask for a replacement. And meanwhile do a reset and check after charging it to 💯. Keep utilising mixed apps like Duo, YouTube,Calls, Games and others and share us the SS of it. Then we can come to a conclusion of either the device is faulty that you have received or its a glitch in the software.
Use Dynamic mode as it is the preferred mode for daily driver.
Follow these steps, i am sure we can solve it out. BTW, reminder dont forget to open a replacement request also

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I recently ran my phone down to zero ( to calibrate the battery) and I am pleasantly surprised at how much more time I get out of the battery now . As far as accubattery is concerned it says much the same ( stats ) but it just lasts longer

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
To do battery calibration follow these steps. Worked well for my ROG 3:
1.Drain battery to 0,( Phone would switch off by itself, try to turn on and ensure that no more juice left to power it on again)
2. Leave 30 mins,
3. Charge at Switch-off condition to 100,
4. Switch it on the device,
5. Then again Switch off and charge for 30 mins,
6. Unplug and phone to cool down for 30 mins.
Hopefully, these steps help you all.