karthikraina404
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5 GLOBAL EDITION
Firmware Version: ON Latest version
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): OS
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I JUST PLAYED 1HR PUBG AND 30MINS OF LISTENING MUSIC, PLEASE CHECKOUT THE BATTERY DRAIN ON SCREENSHOT AND PROVIDE A SOLUTION
screenshot-20210526-110701364-281-29.jpg

84 REPLIES 84

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Anna-Kin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171489#Comment_171489

Thanks for the suggestion, however, my issue is not with just the idle battery drain, but, while using apps like Duo, as you can see from my Screenshot, my phone's battery drained by 18% when I used Duo for 20 mins, whereas in Reaperzwolf's case, Duo was used for 1.2 hours and it only consumed 20% or so.

And as per the screenshots, you can also see I am only taking Duo into consideration.

When coming to general battery drain, my phone lasts for around 6 hours at max, whereas others get almost 9 hours of usage I believe.

View post
Get your phone replaced. I am sure that's possible. Like in India we do have option for 7 day replacement.

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Sibi

Hi...I bought rog 5 week ago and had same idle drain issue at night of about 15%..so to check I switched to durable mode for battery and disabled wifi and Mobike data and idle drain is dramatically reduced to just 2%...give this a try and see if this solves your idle drain issue

View post
This means there is poor connection with your carrier. As of my case it 6% for 7 hrs of keeping the phone idle. And i would request all to do a steady/ultra steady charge keeping 80% battery capped. This helps to prolong your battery. If your charging in night use Scheduled charge to avoid overcharging your battery which ends up in more wear to it.

Sibi
Rising Star II
Reaperzwolf

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171489#Comment_171489

This means there is poor connection with your carrier. As of my case it 6% for 7 hrs of keeping the phone idle. And i would request all to do a steady/ultra steady charge keeping 80% battery capped. This helps to prolong your battery. If your charging in night use Scheduled charge to avoid overcharging your battery which ends up in more wear to it.

View post
I have a excellent network reception in my area bro....always will be getting 4g+ with high speed cuz there are 4 towers around my area close to me...this drain is cuz if android system/system ui background running..I can see it in battery usage chart

Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
Reaperzwolf

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171524#Comment_171524

Get your phone replaced. I am sure that's possible. Like in India we do have option for 7 day replacement.

View post
Yes.. I am considering replacing my phone.
However, have a look at this screenshot I took today. The battery life suddenly seems to have improved?
Battery life is still sub-par, Duo is still sucking more charge though.
screenshot-20210614-180245807.jpg
Any Mod I would love to hear your suggestions, Flipkart India has a bad reputation when it comes to replacing phones, they send refurbished models.

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Anna-Kin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171591#Comment_171591

Yes.. I am considering replacing my phone.

However, have a look at this screenshot I took today. The battery life suddenly seems to have improved?

Battery life is still sub-par, Duo is still sucking more charge though.

screenshot-20210614-180245807.jpg

Any Mod I would love to hear your suggestions, Flipkart India has a bad reputation when it comes to replacing phones, they send refurbished models.

View post
Are you from India? If so go ahead and get it changed. I got my Rog 3 refunded after 8 months of usage. I have a good experience with Flipkart. They helped to refund the money and with that same amount i got my Rog 5. The only issue was my serial/Imei number was not mentioned in the Invoice copy of Rog 3 for which the Asus Service Centre denied any services. When complained to Flipkart they accepted their fault and in 5 days including weekend they refunded back the entire money.