This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gboard settings keep getting reset after some time

Zinurist
Star II
Hi, after a few hours my Gboard settings are reset to the defaults. I have no idea what's causing this. Since I didn't find any others online with that problem, I thought it has to be unique to the zenfone.

Any idea what could cause this? It's really annoying, I basically have to reconfigure Gboard every time I pick up my phone.
12 REPLIES 12

illixir
Star III
I have been facing the same issue ever since my phone (ROG Phone 3) was updated on Android 11. I have tried clearing the cache and switching off 'Super Clean' mode but to no avail. It happens like 5 times in a day and it is just very very weird.

illixir
Star III
illixir

I have been facing the same issue ever since my phone (ROG Phone 3) was updated on Android 11. I have tried clearing the cache and switching off 'Super Clean' mode but to no avail. It happens like 5 times in a day and it is just very very weird.

View post
The issue seems to have been with the TWIN APPS Feature and finally got resolved after an update after which I was able to access my TWIN APPS window and turn it off. Thank you!

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Yes, it is related to TwinApps functionality in Android and we are addressing it for Zenfone 8 as well in an upcoming update.

Thank you!
I'll lock the thread as the issue is/will be resolved.