Greave
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

screenshot-20210513-231107467.jpg
Hello, is anybody facing the problem with Slow charging? Today it suddenly stop working, I still see two lightning symbols next to battery icon and phone is charging very fast. I want to use Slow charging for longer battery life but I don't know why it stopped working. Until today it was charging slowly. The Slow charging option is still ON. (Ultra slow). Please help!
26 REPLIES 26

Joshrog5
Star II
Can confirm same issues started last week.

四轉好難
Zen Master I
two lightning symbols next to battery icon
In my view this is not a bug.

As long as an adapter that supported hyper-charge connected to the phone, this icon shows on status bar no matter slow charging is on or not, which means "this icon shows only because it recognizes an adapter that supports hyper charging is plugged" (this info is from TW ZenTalk)

I just take a photo of my phone below (connected to OEM 60w adp). You could see that steady charging is 18w even the lightning icon is on. (it should be 60w without slow charging)
image.png

Greave
Star II
筍克里斯多夫

two lightning symbols next to battery icon

In my view this is not a bug.

As long as an adapter that supported hyper-charge connected to the phone, this icon shows on status bar no matter slow charging is on or not, which means "this icon shows only because it recognizes an adapter that supports hyper charging is plugged" (this info is from TW ZenTalk)

I just take a photo of my phone below (connected to OEM 60w adp). You could see that steady charging is 18w even the lightning icon is on. (it should be 60w without slow charging)

image.png

View post
Sorry but that is the problem. If u use Ampere app you will see that there is high speed charging (+- 3000mah) in process while the Ultra steady mode is activated. When I use common charger I see slow charging in the app (I see +- 550mah). So the phone is totally ignoring the Ultra steady setting. Before two weeks it was perfectly working, so it MUST be a bug.

四轉好難
Zen Master I
Greave

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167420#Comment_167420

Sorry but that is the problem. If u use Ampere app you will see that there is high speed charging (+- 3000mah) in process while the Ultra steady mode is activated. When I use common charger I see slow charging in the app (I see +- 550mah). So the phone is totally ignoring the Ultra steady setting. Before two weeks it was perfectly working, so it MUST be a bug.

View post
I do not think Ampere app is more accurate than a concrete galvanometer... As you can see the statics below 16.7V*1.09A
image.png

Greave
Star II
筍克里斯多夫

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167426#Comment_167426

I do not think Ampere app is more accurate than a concrete galvanometer... As you can see the statics below 16.7V*1.09A

image.png

View post
It looks like you don't have the same problem like us. I have Ultra steady mode activated and the phone is charged under 1 hour from 0. So it is serious proof that it is charging faster than it should. It is also very warm during charging. When the slow charging was working it was never so hot.