Rog 5 List Of Bugs/Issues

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 5
Firmware Version: WW-18.0840.2103.26
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Regularly
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Android system, Android OS Etc
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So it has been almost 1 month since the last update. Many issues have been reported & hopefully the Devs have kept an eye on the threads from multiple users. Just to summarise the issues which are affecting Rog 5 users:
1. Battery drain either through Android OS, Android System, Mobile Network standby or all 3 simultaneously.
2. Excessive Heat from the device even with normal usage. This can definitely be linked to the battery draining apps mentioned above so perhaps if those apps are fixed so will the heating issue.
3. 5G & Volte not working for many users. This seems to be happening predominantly in the UK. Upon checking XDA forums, it's apparent that Volte does work in India, Asia & on some networks in America. However, volte does not work at all on any network in the UK. Same goes for 5g, haven't seen any luck in the UK myself even by trying different carriers and yes I've been in 5g hotspots. However, users in Indian, Asia and America seem to have 5g running perfectly.
4. Standby battery drain due to Android OS, Android System & Mobile network signal or all 3 simultaneously. This again is linked to the first point stated above.
5. Charging issue. Even with slow charging active, the phone still charge very fast as if hyper charge is on. The battery icon displays the hyper charge symbol so it's definitely a software bug.
6. Screen refresh rate. Although the phone doesn't come with a 90hz option, it would be massively appreciated if this could be added (should be possible). This option of 90hz will no doubt be a boost for battery life aswel as phone temps. Also many users have requested this. It's definitely the sweet spot & perfectly balanced.
7. Call issues. I along with other users have noticed an issue when on a call. Voice goes in and out, person on other end says they can't hear us for a brief period and voice goes in and out. Same when phone is on loudspeaker.
8. Ghost touch. This happens mainly when on Ultra Durable mode or with 60hz active. Self explanatory.
If these issues could be addressed that would be good. If I have missed anything or there's a fix for any of the aforementioned issues, please add your own .
90 REPLIES 90

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Topic should be be like "List of bugs"
As I can see there are also some audio issues and performance behaviour also seems off as well. Other than that I think the main issues have been listed.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

Topic should be be like "List of bugs"

As I can see there are also some audio issues and performance behaviour also seems off as well. Other than that I think the main issues have been listed.

View post
Changed the title. If you could be more specific on the issues you've mentioned that'd be good. Hopefully Devs will read this

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167376#Comment_167376

Changed the title. If you could be more specific on the issues you've mentioned that'd be good. Hopefully Devs will read this

View post
shaifulbaktiya95

Can somebody help me why I cant hear microphone audio when i screen record PUBG on my Rog 5? Just hear internal audio. On rog 2 can record both microphone & internal audio. Help me please.

screenshot-20210518-112733646.jpg

Internal Microphone Audio
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/47799/bug-audio-problem