This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 - (double)tap 2 wake

reeppeep
Star II
as the title states, where do i enable this?
thanks
12 REPLIES 12

reeppeep
Star II
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167225#Comment_167225

Sorry for hijacking your thread but now that your query has been solved how do you like the phone so far?

I think you might be the first person on Zentalk with a Zenfone 8 right now (atleast the first to make a post)

Would appreciate a quick review 😄

Stuff like camera, performance, thermals etc

View post
Well, I've only had the phone for a few hours so far, so take my first observations with a grain of salt!
I come from a pixel 4, so the main reaons for me wanting this phone were the form factor, the dual speakers and the stock-ish android.
The battery so far seems pretty good. especially compared to the pixel, but that phone only had a 2700mah battery. Hardly seems to drop at all in standby, with always on display enabled. have to wait and see though.
When I first set up the phone I installed quiet a few apps, updated everything, etc, as you do and I did notice the phone got a little warmer than the pixel ever did, but nothing too major.
Now the first thing I noticed that blew me away is the sound coming out of the phone. especially after i found the dirac sound settings and added a little bit of bass to the preset. I cosume a lot of media on my phone (music/youtube) just when I wake up, during the course of the day, sometimes i fall asleep to spotify und the speakers really deliver.
Now I've only made one phone call so far but the other party said he had problems understanding me. even hung up 3 times and called back, didn't seem to make a difference. note that i did use the stock android phone app, not the asus one, plus the other party was on bluetooth speakerphone in a car, but i've talked to him maaany of times and never had that problem before. i'll make sure to investigate and report back. I called my own landline straight after and i could hear myself just fine, so no idea what was going on there.
i also set the display refreshrate to 90hz as i think the auto hz switching thing needs a little update maybe, as it seemed stuttery 60hz'ish while scrolling through certain things. but no biggie for me. my pixel was always set to 90hz as well, i don't think its gonna make a big difference on battery.
the android experience is very familiar. well done asus. never had an asus phone before but i'm very impressed. no terrible skins like samsung throws over their android for example. however, i think the pixel still has the edge in fluidity. i do get the occasional microstutter here or there just scrolling through facebook or the google feed for example. very minor though and probably not very noticable by most people i guess.
now the weather was terrible all day, so havent used the cameras at all yet, i'm sorry to report.
the reception (lte) seems a lot better on this phone than the pixel.
build quality is top notch. wouldn't have minded it being 20g lighter still 😄
the screen is also very nice. i appreciate the led in the corner next to the selfie cam, telling you its being accessed!
the phone charges very fast, and really has a lot of options to preserve and be easy on the battery. if you mainly charge it when you go to bed and set it to one of the low current constant charge modes, the battery should last you a long time, i think. - i don't know if i'll miss wireless charging, yet!
the microphones also seem to do a lot better than the ones on the pixel as "hey google" picks me up much better than the pixel ever did.
the bumper case that came with it is decent, no need to go out and buy something else for now!
also, thank you asus for keeping the screen flat! none of that rounded glass going on here (if that is still a thing on samsung phones).
oh, also there is a notification led on the bottom of the phone. takes you back to the good old days 😄 it flashes when you receive notifications!!! hehe
i would have loved for asus to stick a screen protector on it from factory, as theres hardly anything to buy for it yet... just a foil would have sufficed.

ok, just looking at it, those are the first things that came to mind. if there's anything else i can test for you, let me know, i'll see what i can do.

so far, no regrets. totally met and exceeded my expectations!

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
reeppeep

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167226#Comment_167226

Well, I've only had the phone for a few hours so far, so take my first observations with a grain of salt!

I come from a pixel 4, so the main reaons for me wanting this phone were the form factor, the dual speakers and the stock-ish android.

The battery so far seems pretty good. especially compared to the pixel, but that phone only had a 2700mah battery. Hardly seems to drop at all in standby, with always on display enabled. have to wait and see though.

When I first set up the phone I installed quiet a few apps, updated everything, etc, as you do and I did notice the phone got a little warmer than the pixel ever did, but nothing too major.

Now the first thing I noticed that blew me away is the sound coming out of the phone. especially after i found the dirac sound settings and added a little bit of bass to the preset. I cosume a lot of media on my phone (music/youtube) just when I wake up, during the course of the day, sometimes i fall asleep to spotify und the speakers really deliver.

Now I've only made one phone call so far but the other party said he had problems understanding me. even hung up 3 times and called back, didn't seem to make a difference. note that i did use the stock android phone app, not the asus one, plus the other party was on bluetooth speakerphone in a car, but i've talked to him maaany of times and never had that problem before. i'll make sure to investigate and report back. I called my own landline straight after and i could hear myself just fine, so no idea what was going on there.

i also set the display refreshrate to 90hz as i think the auto hz switching thing needs a little update maybe, as it seemed stuttery 60hz'ish while scrolling through certain things. but no biggie for me. my pixel was always set to 90hz as well, i don't think its gonna make a big difference on battery.

the android experience is very familiar. well done asus. never had an asus phone before but i'm very impressed. no terrible skins like samsung throws over their android for example. however, i think the pixel still has the edge in fluidity. i do get the occasional microstutter here or there just scrolling through facebook or the google feed for example. very minor though and probably not very noticable by most people i guess.

now the weather was terrible all day, so havent used the cameras at all yet, i'm sorry to report.

the screen is also very nice. i appreciate the led in the corner next to the selfie cam, telling you its being accessed!

the phone charges very fast, and really has a lot of options to preserve and be easy on the battery. if you mainly charge it when you go to bed and set it to one of the low current constant charge modes, the battery should last you a long time, i think. - i don't know if i'll miss wireless charging, yet!

the microphones also seem to do a lot better than the ones on the pixel as "hey google" picks me up much better than the pixel ever did.

the bumper case that came with it is decent, no need to go out and buy something else for now!

also, thank you asus for keeping the screen flat! none of that rounded glass going on here (if that is still a thing on samsung phones).

oh, also there is a notification led on the bottom of the phone. takes you back to the good old days 😄 it flashes when you receive notifications!!! hehe

i would have loved for asus to stick a screen protector on it from factory, as theres hardly anything to buy for it yet... just a foil would have sufficed.

ok, just looking at it, those are the first things that came to mind. if there's anything else i can test for you, let me know, i'll see what i can do.

View post
Good to hear this. After having a look at your comment, just want to let you know that stutters which you are seeing here and there will be fixed with future FOTA. As that should have something to do with CPU clock speed adjustments. This will definetly will be looked into from Asus side. So nothing much to worry on that side. I just want you to know that system will get more & more stable as you recieve future FOTA'S.
I Would love to hear more on your Gaming experiences with performance and thermals on Zenfone 8. & yes definetly some more on screen quality with higher refresh rates. Is there any tints, black crush etc.last but not the least most importantly Camera experinces & also if possible some glimpse of ZENUI 8 extra features. (I know this is hard for you as you have Zenfone 8 as your first ASUS device but i am just requesting if you can)
Thanks!

Roystoys
Zen Master III
reeppeep

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167226#Comment_167226

View post
If you could check out the calendar app in particular the reminders and let us know if the notification works when you set a reminder. It's one thing that doesn't work on the zenfone 7 after the A11 update so I don't think I am alone in wondering if it works on the zenfone 8, just the reminders,the other calendar notifications work

Roystoys
Zen Master III
reeppeep

ah, got it thank you!

View post
It is well hidden isn't it though, everytime I have to do a hard reset I have a bigger of a time finding it again. I think I preferred when it was under development options

poke_ike3
Star III
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167225#Comment_167225

It is well hidden isn't it though, everytime I have to do a hard reset I have a bigger of a time finding it again. I think I preferred when it was under development options

View post
I found it using the settings search 🙂 Search is not great, but it found that. And many other stuff