Star I
System: 20GB Ram 1tb ssd 2tb hdd
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Vivobook A15 F512J
Frequency of occurrence: constant
Reset OS: not/yet
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I am removing windows and installing linux opensuse for a USB boot. I can not get access to the ssd drive. It does not show up and when I probe around with folders I found I do not have permission to access it. I need to scrub my notebook and have access to ssd and hdd drives to install linux. How to I get acces sto my ssd drive?
20 REPLIES 20

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
rherbert

I am not concerned about any files on this computer as it was just purchased and has no data on it. I allowed windows to install to dd an image of it [for future firmware updates]. But, I could not do that as I did not have access to my ssd.

Do I need to remove the hdd [which is empty] to reformat the ssd? It is a reformat since I also need to scrub off the EFI boot partition as well.

Also, I am not as skilled at this as my notes suggest. In that regard, I do not know what "blotting windows 10 os dvd" is or entails. Nor do I know what/where there is a dvd in my system. Help?

My install of linux with ssd and hdd is not an issue, done enough of those.

View post
if you don't have windows 10 dvd means , no problem..I will give you direct download link windows 10 iso . you should download and then use Rufus software to Create bootable windows pendrive.
one pendrive for Windows 10 os.. another pendrive for opensuse os.
https://software-download.microsoft.com/db/Win10_20H2_v2_English_x64.iso?t=a5732074-e97f-459a-8b88-a...

you must remove hdd, because you will get confusion while installing linux os , but if you are advanced technical skilled user means , you can install linux on correct disk say on ssd keeping togther hdd.
But if you select the wrong disk, then existing data on hdd cannot be recovered.
Also your laptop is under warranty, opening cover of the laptop, modifying will void the warranty.

rherbert
Star I
Took me a bit to realize a pendrive = flash drive = thumb drive. I have ISOs of Windows 10 OS and Linux OS and enough USB "pendrives".
What do I do next? [I have not used Windows much in years so I am uncertain how to scrub drtives with/without a pendrive]

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
rherbert

Took me a bit to realize a pendrive = flash drive = thumb drive. I have ISOs of Windows 10 OS and Linux OS and enough USB "pendrives".

What do I do next? [I have not used Windows much in years so I am uncertain how to scrub drtives with/without a pendrive]

View post
look below videos for clarification, use your windows os iso
How to Download Windows 10 ISO File & Make Bootable Pen Drive (Easy) - YouTube
openSUSE 15.2 | Installation and First Impressions - YouTube
How to Dual Boot openSUSE Tumbleweed with Windows 10 (UEFI/Legacy) - YouTube
openSUSE Tumbleweed Install | 2019 Tutorial | (Linux Beginners Guide) - YouTube

rherbert
Star I
I am not installing a dual boot. I will install linux as the only OS. After that I will use a virtual machine for windows 10 and the very few programs I still need to access through windows. [I have several Microsoft Windows and Office licenses for virtual machines.]
The problem I have, and still seem to have, is I need to erase/reformat my ssd drive to gain ownership and be able to install my linux OS and boot on it [hdd will be /home].
How do I do that? [normally I use gnome disc utlity to erase and then install but I cannot do that here with a "TrustedInstaller" ownership].

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
rherbert

I am not installing a dual boot. I will install linux as the only OS. After that I will use a virtual machine for windows 10 and the very few programs I still need to access through windows. [I have several Microsoft Windows and Office licenses for virtual machines.]

The problem I have, and still seem to have, is I need to erase/reformat my ssd drive to gain ownership and be able to install my linux OS and boot on it [hdd will be /home].

How do I do that? [normally I use gnome disc utlity to erase and then install but I cannot do that here with a "TrustedInstaller" ownership].

View post
boot with bootable windows OS pendrive , click repair your computer , go to command prompt,
type diskpart and enter,
list disk
select disk 0 say ( select disk 0 ) only if you have only ssd
clean

see below site how to use diskpart tool
How to Use DiskPart to Clean and Format a Drive on Windows 10 (makeuseof.com)