Experience the Future of Zenfone on May 12th 2021!

edited June 20 in ZenFone 8

Big on Performance.

Compact in Size.

Don't miss the launch event for the amazing Zenfone 8, coming to you live on May 12th! Click on the link above to add the event to your calendar.

Comments

• nidhin3nidhin3 Level 3

It would be nice if Asus launch Zenfone 8 series in India this time. Guess we'll have to wait till the launch event...

• AbhinavAbhinav Level 3

Please launch the ZenFone 8 series in INDIA. We Need some sort of competition from ASUS side as well.

• does anyone have news that the Zen 8 will have a Flip camera?

• Yes 1 specific model having flip camera in Zenfone 8 series lineup may launch.

• Flip camera is one of the greatest things ever invented when it comes to phones. It's honestly perfect for selfie users.

• Yes it is perfect for selfie lovers no doubt. but on top of that it is more useful in practical world of vlogging & also content creating for crazy social apps these days.

Most amazing thing i love about flip is stepper motor can manage the flipping range of module with various angles during shoots and captures manually.

I am hoping this time ASUS should leap forward in terms of flippy module by providing perfect combination of hardware & software to switch lenses during video captures just like iphones and many other OEMS with some more manual options with camera video software.

Imagine this deadly combination of lense switching just like iphones and video camera software just like xperia 1ii. And this flip camera will be the best in its class if this happens with great combination of OIS.😍

EXCITEMENT is Getting tempted day by day as launch is coming closer & now cant wait to see Zenfone 8😀.

I hope ASUS will impress audience Globally this year with this unique move of mini, pro, flip, & normal version of Zenfones.

• I also agree that the Flip camera is great. I think Asus spent money on research for this feature. I do not agree that there are people, as always, with rumors that Asus would abandon Flip. I was going to buy the Zen 7, but it took a while to update to the A11, now I will wait for the Zen 8 that comes with the 11.

• sahil.mssahil.ms Level 1

I'm a long time Asus fan, but whenever I have to buy a new phone, Asus choses not to release a Zenfone. This time, it might change though, only if Asus releases Zenfone 8 in India. I would have loved a compact phone with flipcam, but it looks like that isn't an option anymore. Still, pretty sure atleast one phone with flipcam will come. Leaks suggested the compact variants will have two cameras, but now seeing the punch-hole, things are a bit confusing. But it makes sense, and if they release this phone in the 35k-45k price bracket, it'd be a better deal than any of the phones (Oneplus 9R, Mi 11x Pro or Iqoo 7 Legendary). The flipcam was hurdle in being competitive in pricing. Still I hope, we get a Zenfone Compact Pro with flipcam.

• Hope the case isnt as smooth, think my ZF6 lasted 1 day before the slippery sucker slipped out of my hand and the glass on the back cracked. Also hoping it has 2 sim slots and 1 sdslot. And that "armor-x" makes a case for it like the ZF6.

• Aryan202Aryan202 Level 5

Considering all Zenfones have had sd card support I expect Zenfone 8 to retain it too

Notification led, headphone jack,sd card Asus is really among the handful of OEMs to retain this

I hope the jack has an high end ESS dac like rog that'll be cherry on top

I wonder if they would still package earphones in box like upto Zenfone 6 or 2 cases as in Zenfone 7 (that flip lock slider case was a very good addition)

• RoystoysRoystoys Level 4

Earbuds would be a nice addition,in fact I would sell this zen7 and buy the zen 8 straight away if they did. Nudge nudge wink wink 😉

• RoystoysRoystoys Level 4
    edited April 30

It's just a cool thing man I love it when I'm in an elevator or something and tap up to unlock my phone and it pops up and,,snap you have access,, the looks you get are priceless. Its right out of Star trek or some SciFi like that, almost

• There will be case in box, but they will skip to provide bundled earphone in box atleast for indian market considering it for some price cutting. & yes it will have high end ESS dac just like ROG tuned from diarac.

• Well yeah, WHen I saw that thing in the store I couldnt help but feel mesmerized as well :D

Wew nice Zenfone 8 is shaping up to be one of the most anticipated phones of this year

• sahil.mssahil.ms Level 1

Seeing the twitter pages of Asus Global, Asus North America and Asus UK, all seem to be posting teasers of Zenfone 8. Asus India hasn't made a single post about Zenfone 8, and hasn't answered any question related to availability in India. So, either Asus might delay the launch of Zenfone 8 in India due to pandemic, or launch it with some other name (due to trademark issue), or not launch it all. But I really wish they launch it here in India.

• It is so cool...

• DanishbluntDanishblunt Level 5

the only thing that makes me jumpy is the fact that it has a SD 888.

edited May 2

I thought the same especially about mini but after reading a bit got to know that 888 has inbuilt 5g modem which saves space unlike 865/860/870 can see why they went with 888 with mini too

Plus Asus mentioned this reason as to why they provided a headphone jack this year, last year due to the lack of space thanks to the external modem it was not possible imo

Plus if you look at mini's specs Asus is going for a kinda 'premium mini flagship" not an affordable or mid range one by the looks of it

Specs so far like 120hz samsung OLED,888 etc indicate that

There will always be people who'll say "why not flagship SoC" if they use something other that 888

This discussion has been closed.