This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on ROG 2 updates?

nationkid
Rising Star II
This is a plead now. Any communication about updates would be great mods.

I understand you can't obtain direct comfirmation but I would be reassured even if the chances of software support ended now rather than having us hanging on for a small one.

There has been no commication about delays or anything and ROG 2's "2 year" support ends in less than 3 months.

I really am begging you for something. I spent £880 on this phone yet I now have begun slowly moving back to my old Sony Xperia XZ premium because of the lack of software support and features.

91 REPLIES 91

Aryan202
Community Legend I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161187#Comment_161187

Even i have installed microsoft launcher after i saw your comment yesterday on my "ZenFone 5Z" and i have tested it for whole one day let me tell you i am very much thankful to you that i installed it the fluidity & smootheness is amazingly good & also launching of any app is much faster than ZenUI also i got some icon style like Android 11 the only drawback i am facing is that it doesnt support Android 10 gesture navigation bar & i guess this is default Android 10 behaviour Google fixed it with Android 11 but as a wayout i have started using swipe up gesture navigation where i am happy with full screen experience in overall system with no navigation bar eating up space on any app or launcher. Also microsoft UI is so convinent to use that Glance & homescreen shortcuts are wow.

I think every other user should try Microaoft launcher over Zenui because system gets much smoother, faster, functional, and yes keeps device much cooler.

Thankyou for such a great satisfactory find.!

View post
That's the beauty of android you can almost customise everything according to your liking 😄
And yes I've observed 3rd party launchers like nova and lawnchair being a bit more smoother but no android 10 gesture support is a major thing for me I'm used to those gestures on stock now so can't really go back to navigation keys or those pie ones
Stock overall still is pretty good for me
Zen ui 7/8 launcher is an improvement over 6 though

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Aryan202

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161192#Comment_161192

That's the beauty of android you can almost customise everything according to your liking 😄

And yes I've observed 3rd party launchers like nova and lawnchair being a bit more smoother but no android 10 gesture support is a major thing for me I'm used to those gestures on stock now so can't really go back to navigation keys or those pie ones

Stock overall still is pretty good for me

Zen ui 7/8 launcher is an improvement over 6 though

View post
Yes i agree... i am not much into customising stuff i like much cleaner UI's but yesterday i decided to play with it and really loved the way how convenient the launcher is also main diffrence i noticed was which i forgot to mentioned above was i was using "microsoft swift key" as a default keyboard on Zenui 6 where i noticed it was not fully compatable and always cluttered with sometimes less responses & several wrong inputs but this use to happen sometimes but from yesterday where i am using it with Microsoft launcher the smoothness is damn....Awsme and feels like fully compatable faster lag free & also works great with swipe typing.
And yes even i am use to default Android 10 gesture navigations and i hate going back on pie like gestures or home buttons but gave sometime to myself and now somwehere i have convinced myself to use swipe up which is a pleasant full screen experince. Yes Zenui 7 is much more smoother above Zenui 6 & that is the reason i wish atleast Zenui 7 comes in to 5z as an improvement that would be a great move from ASUS for smoother & faster performance of snapdragon 845 as a flagship.

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161187#Comment_161187

Even i have installed microsoft launcher after i saw your comment yesterday on my "ZenFone 5Z" and i have tested it for whole one day let me tell you i am very much thankful to you that i installed it the fluidity & smootheness is amazingly good & also launching of any app is much faster than ZenUI also i got some icon style like Android 11 the only drawback i am facing is that it doesnt support Android 10 gesture navigation bar & i guess this is default Android 10 behaviour Google fixed it with Android 11 but as a wayout i have started using swipe up gesture navigation where i am happy with full screen experience in overall system with no navigation bar eating up space on any app or launcher. Also microsoft UI is so convinent to use that Glance & homescreen shortcuts are wow.

I think every other user should try Microaoft launcher over Zenui because system gets much smoother, faster, functional, and yes keeps device much cooler.

Thankyou for such a great satisfactory find.!

View post
I'm really glad that everyone are happy with microsoft launcher
It's just microsoft isn't it ,they are way ahead than Google Android in designing software ,launchers whether it be pc or windows Phone
Their optimisations, user interface in windows Phone was way more advanced than the the Android experience of that time 10 years ago
I really couldn't understand even today how they were able to create such a marvellous windows Phone operating system with just 2000mah battery and 512mb ram and could run high end games in it smoothly
Sadly windows Phone died due to lack support from app developers
I really hope windows Phone os and windows Phone makes a come back

Yuran
Rising Star I
Hello guya, in fact I think I have spoken too soon. Issue does not seem to be solved. Phone is already lagging. The Ui feels slugish, browsing apps and menu options are not smooth, not snappu. Also vsync tester confirms it (Please see attached), my fps already dropped to 60fps and they should be 90fps to be on pair with the 90hz refresh rate. Did not do anything with the phone, it has been sitting here on the table just for testing.

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
Yuran

Hello guya, in fact I think I have spoken too soon. Issue does not seem to be solved. Phone is already lagging. The Ui feels slugish, browsing apps and menu options are not smooth, not snappu. Also vsync tester confirms it (Please see attached), my fps already dropped to 60fps and they should be 90fps to be on pair with the 90hz refresh rate. Did not do anything with the phone, it has been sitting here on the table just for testing.

screenshot-20210403-234949716.jpg

View post
I'm sorry I couldn't help you ,but for me Microsoft launcher works like magic