This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The only flaw of the Rog3, but lets stop calling it wrong alright?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Arguably the only real flaw present in our beloved rog3 phones is clearly the color banding issue we have, where we get pixelation in darker scenes. Black crush is basicially something any OLED phone has where the blacks are getting "crushed" and details are gone. So whenever you talk about pixalation, refer to it as color banding and not black crush. I'm aware I've been misusing the black crush term myself but now I'm starting to spread awareness that what we are talking about is not black crush but color banding, I think this is important so that the confusion about the term will stop happening.
Also don't hate on the devs. Remember they are a small team that tries to fix all phones, it's not their decision to push out a new phone or work on another phone.
16 REPLIES 16

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158297#Comment_158297

I know, I'm the one who told him about those files. That being said it just messes with gamma in the exact opposite way, now you have no real blacks AND even more color banding. Me and Freak07 are playing around with the display, currently im looking into how to get rid of pixelworks again without having it stuck on boot.

View post
Oo
Great then 🙌

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158297#Comment_158297

I know, I'm the one who told him about those files. That being said it just messes with gamma in the exact opposite way, now you have no real blacks AND even more color banding. Me and Freak07 are playing around with the display, currently im looking into how to get rid of pixelworks again without having it stuck on boot.

View post
Then i am waiting for you guyz to find the solution and i am gonna flash it after the warranty ends
Good luck to ya all 🙌🙌

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158303#Comment_158303

Then i am waiting for you guyz to find the solution and i am gonna flash it after the warranty ends

Good luck to ya all 🙌🙌

View post
I defeated color banding with black crush. Which is more of a workaround right now than an actual solution.

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158307#Comment_158307

I defeated color banding with black crush. Which is more of a workaround right now than an actual solution.

View post
Something is better than nothing
Cheers

BurgerKingCrown
Star III
Danishblunt

Arguably the only real flaw present in our beloved rog3 phones is clearly the color banding issue we have, where we get pixelation in darker scenes. Black crush is basicially something any OLED phone has where the blacks are getting "crushed" and details are gone. So whenever you talk about pixalation, refer to it as color banding and not black crush. I'm aware I've been misusing the black crush term myself but now I'm starting to spread awareness that what we are talking about is not black crush but color banding, I think this is important so that the confusion about the term will stop happening.

Also don't hate on the devs. Remember they are a small team that tries to fix all phones, it's not their decision to push out a new phone or work on another phone.

The only flaw of the Rog3, but lets stop calling it wrong alright?
You're a disgusting basement dwelling Asus fanboy mr programmer wannabe. Guess what - they will NEVER hire you nor care about you a single bit so you might as well just stop tryharding kid.
This phone is an absolute disaster - they've changed screen in my unit 2 times now - it's starting to have battery problem now like 22%battery android system process use, the screen is disgusting and the ASUS attitude is even freaking worse. Never getting anything from this company anymore - that includes gaming PC parts. MSI FTW