Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 3 screen issue

TX11559
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog 3 Strix - TENCENT GLOBAL ROM
Firmware Version: Version WW-17.0823.2012.122
Hello, I have an issue with the phone screen, it mostly started after I did the version upgrade however I do not think this is the problem.
The problem is with the screen, from time to time the screen seems to go into colors, as if the screen has some failure (like tv back in the days used to turn into some colors), and even in rare situation the screen won't turn on / off and yesterday it didn't even notice my fingers at all, so had to do a hard reset and only then it worked.
Now, sometimes when the screen fails to come up / turn into colors there is an area (top left) where I put my fingers and with really little pressure get fixed or worst (sometimes while gaming I press there and nothing happen which is odd).
Any idea what could be the problem ? it is the screen ? should I fix it or jump off my window? (joking)

30 REPLIES 30

Aryan202
Community Legend I
TX11559

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158130#Comment_158130

This is the problem, in Israel Asus REFUSE to fix it, saying they do not have parts or can get it as this phone was not advertised here (They never got ROG phone to Israel, they only will with 5).

As for the phone, I got it off from Ebay, without knowing first what Tencent means (as many did) so now I guess I am just stuck with it ?

View post
Does it have a Tencent games logo on the back?
If yeah then that means the phone you got is an Chinese specific variant with WW rom flashed on top of by it by the reseller (such variants don't have any warranty)
And yes your local Asus won't service it as that's not an combination they sell and as you say Asus neither officially sold Rog 3 in your region so I doubt they're going to have parts for it
Plus just an FYI Asus doesn't offer international warranty so even if Asus sold the phone in your region and had parts available for servicing you'd have to pay for it as it's an imported model or send it to the country of import for free servicing

Aryan202
Community Legend I
That sucks to be honest
I'd advise you to contact a mod and explain the situation to him see if it works out

TX11559
Rising Star I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158132#Comment_158132

Does it have a Tencent games logo on the back?

If yeah then that means the phone you got is an Chinese specific variant with WW rom flashed on top of by it by the reseller

And yes your local Asus won't service it as that's not an combination they sell and as you say Asus neither officially sold Rog 3 in your region so I doubt they're going to have parts for it

View post
Yes, it has Tencent, when I got it I did my digging and then found out I am fucked.

Who are the mods here? doubt they can do anything, I feel so.. frustrated to be honest, my country is so bad with asus products that must of them I got outside Israel, from the US, yet the US gives you solutions, here I got something ... baa no point to continue with the rent.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
TX11559

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158133#Comment_158133

Yes, it has Tencent, when I got it I did my digging and then found out I am fucked.

Who are the mods here? doubt they can do anything, I feel so.. frustrated to be honest, my country is so bad with asus products that must of them I got outside Israel, from the US, yet the US gives you solutions, here I got something ... baa no point to continue with the rent.

View post
I'll tag some of them for you
@Anders_ASUS @Christine @ARP @Gustav_ASUS
These are some of the active ones on the forums
But it's the weekend right now expect a reply after Monday

Aryan202
Community Legend I
I seriously hope you get your's fixed without much hassle 😄
But the odds are kinda stacked against you first of all Tencent model, secondly Asus doesn't sell the rog 3 in your region and lastly the reseller probably doesn't offer any sort of replacment or warranty in any region as the the Tencent models aren't meant to be sold outside china
And to reflash WW over CN rom they probably unlock the device so the device warranty isn't applicable in China too 😅 ( as unlocking voids warranty on asus phones)