Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Kunai 3
Left Controller Version: V3.3.3
Right Controller Version: Vff.ff.ff
Bluetooth Version : V3.0.8
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
There was a prompt to update, but it failed, after that the right controller on my kunai 3 doesnt work anymore.
I saw another thread about this that has been solved.
From what i get, they have updated their firmware.
I've been trying to search in threads, youtube and on the web on how to update the firmware, but cant find it any where.
Please help.
Thank you in advance.
17 REPLIES 17

I have the same problem the right control vff.ff.ff stops working and I don't know what to do, someone knows some solution I live in Canada and I bought it through Aliexpress I'm very sad

lan61t
Star III
I wonder if anyone had this problem and managed to fix it, or they just forget about it throw it away.

lan61t
Star III
williamblaker2105

I have the same problem the right control vff.ff.ff stops working and I don't know what to do, someone knows some solution I live in Canada and I bought it through Aliexpress I'm very sad

View post
Someone said that try to connect kunai3 with the rog3 using usb c cable, and it will tell you to update the firmware.
I've tried it, and didnt work on mine, but you can give it a go. Or try to conctact Asus Canada and ask for their guidance, where to send the broken kunai3.

lan61t
Star III
Update :
I contacted the Distributor / Importer refer by the 2nd Asus Service Center, and they were really helpful.
Turn out the product is not from them, but from another Distributor of Asus. Contacted them, but there's nothing they can do, because I didnt buy if from their store.
Luckily the 1st distributor was kind enough to coordinate with Asus Indonesia regarding this issue.
While waiting, i went to Asus Indonesia, I demanded for them to send me to the correct Asus Service Center. After coordinating with the service manager, and confirmed by them, I have to go back to the 1st Asus Service Center that told me to send to contacted the seller. I had this recorded so they wont send me away again.
Today the 1st Distributor told me, that Asus Indonesia instructed the 1st Asus Center that I went to accept and received Kunai 3 for repair.
When i went there, the Customer Service apologize for suggesting me to contact to the seller for a damage Kunai 3.
So now the waiting begin whether they can fix it or not.
By looking at this, this is clearly lack of education and standard operating procedure how from
Asus Indonesia
Asus Service Center Indonesia
Asus Call Center Indonesia

lan61t
Star III
Update :
Good news today from Asus Service Center.
They will replace my kunai3 with a new one, as they cant repair and, and it's their policy to replace it with a new one.

That's a good news, hopefully the new one wont have another problem like a current one.
Appreciate this good gesture from Asus Indonesia