This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 3 - Microphone Not Working

Jamps
Star I
I've been using the phone for 2 days after purchase and the first time I used it for calls. IT DOES NOT WORK at all. with all the game features and stuffs, these basic thing do not work.
I was able to use the mic off the speaker but when I started to turn it on people can't hear me at all.
Any solution for this before coming back to the retailer for refund?
2 REPLIES 2

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Jamps Open the calculator and press .12345+= which will take you to SMMI test. Go to 'Single test' and perform the following ones:
Speaker Test
Boardmic Test (1-4)
Get back to me with the results. 🙂
Also, please let me know which firmware version you are currently on. This can be found by going to:
Settings -> System -> About phone -> Software information -> Build number

Jamps
Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@Jamps Open the calculator and press .12345+= which will take you to SMMI test. Go to 'Single test' and perform the following ones:

• Speaker Test
  • Boardmic Test (1-4)

Get back to me with the results. 🙂

Also, please let me know which firmware version you are currently on. This can be found by going to:

Settings -> System -> About phone -> Software information -> Build number

View post
Thanks Gustav, the only thing I am having now after I reset the phone is the headphones microphone it does not pass through the test as I can't hear anything after I record my voice through headset mic. However, I can record my voice normally using an app and I did make few phone calls using my headset and it works. I don't know why it was failed when I did the test.