This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take Notes Asus

Vamp
Zen Master I
Only a few people who own ROG II use Zentalk like double digit users. And everyone is saying ASUS is a 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 company because of less software support.
Every user is been rooting for better software support. Your updated as slower than anyone else. Even non - existential companies like Essential was better at software support.
It's not even been complete 16 months since ROG 2 released and updates are more than 3 months apart now.
No sign of any major update.
Software errors has been ruled out as hardware errors for random restarts because dev are so lazy to debug the issue and rather change expansive motherboard than minimal expansive coding.
Many more things with lazy software devs and mods motivates themselves by saying, "we are a small company". I mean what the literal 🤬.

If you can't keep up with the software exit the mobile phone market, you already have better reputation as a laptop manufacturer than being smartphone manufacturer. ROG II was a hit until software started getting delayed and crappy. ROG 3 wasn't a hit and neither will be the upcoming ROG if you keep using this little software support strategy. You can still gain some reputation releasing ROG II android 11 beta in next 1-2 month and sales of your next device is gonna depend on to how ROG 2 was supported, because many people have ROG 2 and fraction of people have ROG 3 so everything depends on ROG 2 and your upcoming device.
Promising 2 major update while releasing the newer device isn't gonna impact your sales given your history.

Either change your history or become History choice is yours.
83 REPLIES 83

ImShrey
Rising Star II
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155798#Comment_155798

Depends on your region in India they dump shitty overpriced Exynos variants

Only thing samsung does better is the support for their top flagships

View post
Seriously? They launch 8 Exynos devices and 2 Snapdragon's. You should be clever enough choose.
No matter what series, M/A/S/Note they documented and committed to 4 software updates. (there is difference between 'promise' and 'commit'.
"Top flagship": Haven't you bought Rog 2? Is Rog is not flagship series?
Any other brand, be it Xiaomi/Redmi all get multiple feature updates if not android updates. What's last 'new' added feature you saw in Rog phones via OTA?

Aryan202
Community Legend I
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155816#Comment_155816

Seriously? They launch 8 Exynos devices and 2 Snapdragon's. You should be clever enough choose.

No matter what series, M/A/S/Note they documented and committed to 4 software updates. (there is difference between 'promise' and 'commit'.

"Top flagship": Haven't you bought Rog 2? Is Rog is not flagship series?

Any other brand, be it Xiaomi/Redmi all get multiple feature updates if not android updates. What's last 'new' added feature you saw in Rog phones via OTA?

View post
Samsung flagships which launch with Snapdragon chipsets aren't launched in India
Some midrange do have sd socs but 7 series coupled with worse hardware and with the bloat heavy one ui it'll lag even in ui rendering (even 90hz ones)
And I'm an Zenfone user saw this thread in "recent discussions"
Xiaomi is weird when it comes to software updates by the way,miui versions don't follow android versions miui 12 recently incorporated android 10 gestures (miui's take on android 10 was miui 10 or 11) they released multiple ui versions and claim it to be based on newer android versions but in actuality it doesn't incorporate the changes
img-20210308-211909-202.jpg
(From XDA memes)
In my opinion I'd say the features Rog offers won't be available even in the next 4-5 iterations of android
Google is adding an gaming manager in a12 (pixel lacked one till now) and many things aren't present which you get in Zen ui since past (5/6)

ImShrey
Rising Star II
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155832#Comment_155832

Samsung flagships which launch with Snapdragon chipsets aren't launched in India

Some midrange do have sd socs but 7 series coupled with worse hardware and with the bloat heavy one ui it'll lag even in ui rendering (even 90hz ones)

And I'm an Zenfone user saw this thread in "recent discussions"

Xiaomi is weird when it comes to software updates by the way,miui versions don't follow android versions miui 12 recently incorporated andro10 gestures (miui's take on android 10 was miui 10 or 11) they released multiple ui versions and claim it to be based on newer android versions but in actuality it doesn't incorporate the changes

img-20210308-211909-202.jpg

(From XDA memes)

And if I had to make an opinion I'd the features Rog offers won't be available even in the next 4-5 iterations of android

Google is adding an gaming manager in a12 (pixel lacked one till now) and many things aren't present which you get in Zen ui since past (5/6)

View post
Samsung S10 lite, S20 FE? Do exist right?
Won't comment on budget oriented 7 series as no one here comes in that target demographic.
Xiaomi: is it bad thing? What you want from android updates? Practically? New/Different features? Long term support? Don't you get bored after 1 year with same S/W? I can count many Cool features that are there in many roms but not in Stock android.
Give me 3 RoG features that won't be available for Next 4 android iterations? Or that are not available in competition? Lets see.

ROG UI: No voWiFi for major carriers like airtel. Also in many countries RoG 2 doesn't have Volte for some carriers. Tell me is this a novelty?

H/W: count the number of people who complained Random reboots, add to that number of people who's device just straight up died without any reason.
One guy had is device go complete dead while using normal social apps, when he went to service center they couldn't figure out what happened, they instead asked 28k for motherboard replacement. And then turns out it was battery who was causing the issue.
Also how many people in Zentalk complained that there device was damaged by service personnel during repair. One guy went to replace his screen and when he got device back his AirTriggers were dead.

If you lauch a complicated phone you better support it for long term, but here bugs like bluetooth calling on VOIP are taking forever to get fixed. Was reported last year. They pushed a fix didn't do anything.

I can add more and more.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155835#Comment_155835

Samsung S10 lite, S20 FE? Do exist right?

Won't comment on budget oriented 7 series as no one here comes in that target demographic.

Xiaomi: is it bad thing? What you want from android updates? Practically? New/Different features? Long term support? Don't you get bored after 1 year with same S/W? I can count many Cool features that are there in many roms but not in Stock android.

Give me 3 RoG features that won't be available for Next 4 android iterations? Or that are not available in competition? Lets see.

ROG UI: No voWiFi for major carriers like airtel. Also in many countries RoG 2 doesn't have Volte for some carriers. Tell me is this a novelty?

H/W: count the number of people who complained Random reboots, add to that number of people who's device just straight up died without any reason.

One guy had is device go complete dead while using normal social apps, when he went to service center they couldn't figure out what happened, they instead asked 28k for motherboard replacement. And then turns out it was battery who was causing the issue.

Also how many people in Zentalk complained that there device was damaged by service personnel during repair. One guy went to replace his screen and when he got device back his AirTriggers were dead.

If you lauch a complicated phone you better support it for long term, but here bugs like bluetooth calling on VOIP are taking forever to get fixed. Was reported last year. They pushed a fix didn't do anything.

I can add more and more.

View post
I won't say anything about the hardware issues as 2019 Asus phones had quality control issues (mobo failure) in certain batches
But coming to Zen/Rog ui features there are actually many
Armory crate as a whole has so much stuff (hardcore mode and everything can be customised)
Game genie with fps monitor,real time info,live streaming,macro etc (other OEMs don't add much to their gaming managers)
Actually a lot more coming to gcam development Asus is one of the few OEMs who offer aux support without root and 48mp raw support in gcam
There's are so many other stuff though
Rog 3 has bypass charging for example and Asus is one of the only ones to have it

SoumyaRS
Rising Star II
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155836#Comment_155836

I won't say anything about the hardware issues as 2019 Asus phones had quality control issues (mobo failure) in certain batches

But coming to Zen/Rog ui features there are actually many

Armory crate as a whole has so much stuff (hardcore mode and everything can be customised)

Game genie with fps monitor,real time info,live streaming,macro etc (other OEMs don't add much to their gaming managers)

Actually a lot more coming to gcam development Asus is one of the few OEMs who offer aux support without root and 48mp raw support in gcam

There's are so many other stuff though

Rog 3 has bypass charging for example and Asus is one of the only ones to have it

View post
Did you say many features? Let me remind you..
1. VoWifi doesn't work for Airtel
2. ViLTE doesn't work in Asus phone app.
3. 3 fingers screenshot doesn't available.
4. Block call notification doesn't work.
5. Bimonthly security updates missing.
6. You can't change accent color. You need to download themes from Asus store. Still it won't apply everywhere.
I hope you understand now.😀