Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: rog 3
Firmware Version: .113
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Cant connect to pc via side port
Trued restart and clearing settings data
12 REPLIES 12

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Saifuddin Have you been able to connect to the same port of your PC (using the same cable) before, or has it always been this way?
Speaking from personal experience, I ran into the same issue a while back with a new laptop that didn't have the correct USB drivers installed.

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Gustav_ASUS

@Saifuddin Have you been able to connect to the same port of your PC (using the same cable) before, or has it always been this way?

Speaking from personal experience, I ran into the same issue a while back with a new laptop that didn't have the correct USB drivers installed.

View post
I am able to connect with bottom port but not with the side port 😨

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Saifuddin Some more questions for you:
Are you able to charge your phone (wall socket) using the side port?
When you connect your phone to your computer using the side port, does it start charging?
Can you connect to your PC using another cable?

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Gustav_ASUS

@Saifuddin Some more questions for you:

• Are you able to charge your phone (wall socket) using the side port?
  • When you connect your phone to your computer using the side port, does it start charging?
  • Can you connect to your PC using another cable?

View post
1) yes
2) yes
3) i am in possession of only 1 type A to type c cable so i am not able to compare with another cable , but if its a wire fault then i try it and come back here

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Saifuddin Then it's possible your PC is the culprit, like in my case. If you have a second computer/laptop nearby, see if it works with that.