Aryan202
Community Legend I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The ROG Phone 5 could have a dot matrix on the back for Aura Lighting
16 REPLIES 16

botboy444
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/150262#Comment_150262

I highly doubt it will released like this. It looks disgusting.

View post
Agreed, I have no plan on getting it but what phones look like is a BIG part of my buying decision, and it looks gross af

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

Yeah defnitely gonna skip that one. The snapdragon 888 is already quite a powerhog, having another display draining battery, no thank you.

Also seems like same screen, speaker and camera. Considering the sd 865 id already overkill for most games makes it even less desireable.

View post
Yeah the thermals are an concern on 888 powered phones judging the recently released phones
Let's see how the rog handles it, I don't think the back panel would drain much battery but anyways it does have 65w charging support so it would top up the battery pretty fast
But yeah 1 gen upgrade from rog 3 to this probably ain't worth it
About the display I think they'll retain 144hz or at max 160hz and have improved sampling rate and maybe better calibration too? Given rog 3's complains
Proprietary stuff like air triggers can get a upgrade and the cooling stuff (rog 3 had neat interior design and cooling)
Headphone jack 🤔
And I don't see any vent on the back so maybe it'll have wireless charging or some sort of ip rating (ip rating is kinda unlikely though)

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/150262#Comment_150262

I highly doubt it will released like this. It looks disgusting.

View post
I personally kinda dig the look
This design is better than the previous leaked one
A customisable display strip which can show notifications and stuff like zephyrus laptops is pretty cool
Hopefully the camera has ois this year tho and a better wide angle and macro or telephoto lens

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
What about screen resolution? That has to be a 1440p
Even so since my phone hasn't been destroyed or burned yet,I will keep it till the battery blows up lol

Aryan202
Community Legend I
GREEKLEADER

What about screen resolution? That has to be a 1440p

Even so since my phone hasn't been destroyed or burned yet,I will keep it till the battery blows up lol

View post
I doubt that's it's 1440p
My bet is on an 1080p panel both for cost purposes and the fact that 1440p display will need more power to drive it right 🤔 1080p is the safer bet