This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera cannot flip GENERAL ISSUE

sousaepedro
Star II
Gentlemen, it's been clearly noticed by several users that there's an issue with your phones main feature. The flip camera.
There are several users that have been faced with a camera that won't flip. No matter what model, firmware version, app, it won't flip. The only feedback it gives is the image on whatever software is trying to flip the camera flips, and we get an android system notification with the message 'cannot flip' (example below). This has happened to me since the first time I tried flipping the camera. Only then it happened intermittently. Now I've been 5 days with a camera that won't flip. Even got a firmware update during those 5 days. To no avail. 
There are several threads on this issue and only one has any sort of apparent looking into it via a log file. 
Nothing tangible from you. 
I really want to defend your phone and it you're not making it easy which is disappointing for a 21 year long recurring customer.
I'm available for anything you might need from me as far as debugging goes. If you want me to run this with ADB and some tool I will. I just want to help you guys fix your ( my) phone.
Zero feedback is downright disrespectful towards us. 
So start by properly letting us what the issue is, because at this point either your devs did ZERO looking into it or you already know but haven't found a solution. Which I'm fine with for now. But just man up, be accountable and give us the chance to respect you for that.
tlhwknfc98x2.jpguw4bnv9uoh2o.jpg
33 REPLIES 33

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi
Does it never flip? 

If you are using any type of cover/bumper/case, could you try removing it and see if it then will flip? A user has suggested this may be the culprit - and if we can reproduce it more reliably.

sousaepedro
Star II
It's worked with and without the current cover I have and I removed several times in the past few days to no avail. 

ColorSage
Zen Master I
Yeah, there is like 2-4% chance that it wouldn't flip without clear reason. It happened 0 times under first two weeks/.167 FW but since then (or next updates) it is a thing. For me it usually works after 2nd tap on button however I can't give any info about reproducing a bug due to rare errors. It also happened to me a few times when in Pro mode switching back to rear is being slow (like using manual adjustment). So, I can somehow confirm this bug report.

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
I can confirm. This issue actually becomes a lot more common than 2-4% when you try to flip it out as soon as you retract it. (Quick flipping). Sometimes the camera flips and yet gives the message "camera cannot flip" and a few times (rarely) it just doesn't flip