Did you mean: 

widevine L3 why??? i did nothing but today I cant see netflix HD suddenly

TaeSeong
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: I003DD
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2099.98-0
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: widevine L3 why???
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

128 REPLIES 128

GarvitKhatod
Star III
Swadesh

I went to service center, and they have my phone (ROG 3). They didn't even know what widevine is at first, and wanted me to contact Netflix first.

I had to explain to them that widevine certification is system certificate, and it is not issued by netflix.

It has been 3 days without my phone. They gave me an old spare phone, which is slow and buggy, but at least I can stay in contact.

On the last update from them, they said that the instructions they followed which was provided by Asus , gave them error, and they're awaiting follow up response from them.

For something which is not my fault, I have to go through a lot of trouble. I went to service center twice on a work day, which is 18KM from my home. I was expecting it to be a quick fix, considering it is a software issue. They would just flash the certificates and I will have my phone back same day. But, it was not the case, because Asus doesn't provide service themselves. They use third party service providers, which service more than one brand. The same service center was accepting Realme and BoAt devices, other than Asus.

The whole arrangement is less than ideal and not as smooth as I hoped. Given that all their service centers should've received a detailed memo with instructions to solve this issue on the spot if any service center receives a phone which has this issue, or similar software issue that was either caused by OTA update, or their software bug.

But, unfortunately, it is not the case. The service center representative was not even aware of the situation.

There is a reason why Apple or Samsung has better after sales service and hence their devices cost little higher. It is not all about electronics and how much punch it packs on paper. There are lots of things that makes user experience better all over, especially after sales.

Asus is far away from that, and it will take a lot of effort from their side to reach there if they want their customers to trust them and keep coming back to them whenever they need upgrade. Otherwise, unfortunately, this is going to be my first and last Asus device.

View post
Same brother I encountered same issue. Service center guys are clueless.

MV
Rising Star II
Swadesh

I went to service center, and they have my phone (ROG 3). They didn't even know what widevine is at first, and wanted me to contact Netflix first.

I had to explain to them that widevine certification is system certificate, and it is not issued by netflix.

It has been 3 days without my phone. They gave me an old spare phone, which is slow and buggy, but at least I can stay in contact.

On the last update from them, they said that the instructions they followed which was provided by Asus , gave them error, and they're awaiting follow up response from them.

For something which is not my fault, I have to go through a lot of trouble. I went to service center twice on a work day, which is 18KM from my home. I was expecting it to be a quick fix, considering it is a software issue. They would just flash the certificates and I will have my phone back same day. But, it was not the case, because Asus doesn't provide service themselves. They use third party service providers, which service more than one brand. The same service center was accepting Realme and BoAt devices, other than Asus.

The whole arrangement is less than ideal and not as smooth as I hoped. Given that all their service centers should've received a detailed memo with instructions to solve this issue on the spot if any service center receives a phone which has this issue, or similar software issue that was either caused by OTA update, or their software bug.

But, unfortunately, it is not the case. The service center representative was not even aware of the situation.

There is a reason why Apple or Samsung has better after sales service and hence their devices cost little higher. It is not all about electronics and how much punch it packs on paper. There are lots of things that makes user experience better all over, especially after sales.

Asus is far away from that, and it will take a lot of effort from their side to reach there if they want their customers to trust them and keep coming back to them whenever they need upgrade. Otherwise, unfortunately, this is going to be my first and last Asus device.

View post
That is why I will never bother to go to ASUS service centre until something breaks physically. But your post should be opening eyes for anyone who wants to visit. Support from ASUS sucks(online/offline). I have many examples from multiple types devices(mainly phones) on this very forum.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Swadesh
As we discussed yesterday, your case has encountered unexpected behavior while performing the repair steps and we are now working on it. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Hi GarvitKhatod
As I mentioned on 4th January, the repair process requires you to provide me your personal information for further guiding. Please check your inbox and reply your information. Thank you.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear all,
The issue of ROG3 Widevine L3 is now under investigation for software solution. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.
Thank you for your continued support and patronage.

Swadesh
Star III
Christine_ASUS

Hi Swadesh

As we discussed yesterday, your case has encountered unexpected behavior while performing the repair steps and we are now working on it. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Hi GarvitKhatod

As I mentioned on 4th January, the repair process requires you to provide me your personal information for further guiding. Please check your inbox and reply your information. Thank you.

View post
I am being as considerate as I can be. Do you want me to keep discretion as well, and not share my experience with community? Many non tech savvy people won't even notice the phone being downgraded to L3, and when they do, they may have to go through the same pain.
Imagine if something was broken on the phone by me, would ASUS be considerate in that situation? They'll even refuse to fix the phone without pay in case of any physical, or technical issue. What happens to the "consideration" in that situation?
Will you be considerate enough to give me a replacement, instead of having me wait for days to fix your mistake?
You're representing a multi-billion dollar company, not an individual who's running a startup. So, it is time that community as well the staff stopped acting as such.
I am pissed because that phone is authorized at the company I work at, and it is the only phone where I can receive notifications and messages other than my laptop from the company for security reasons.
I am being vocal on the forum, because I want everyone else to know how it is being handled, and what others may have to go through if they choose to get it fixed from service center.
It is day 4 since I dropped my phone at service center.

Edit: I don't know when we discussed about the update. Because this was our last conversation.
screenshot-20210108-102910592-1.jpg
I had to call service center to get the update. We didn't discuss anything.