Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kunai 3 Not working

Zexiar
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Kunai 3
Firmware Version: Latest, can't find it.
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello. I connected the ROG Kunai 3 to my ROG Phone 3 to play and it worked fine until I got a prompt to update the firmware for the Kunai 3, so I tapped it. It said failed yo update and the right controller stopped working and would never responds, but the right controller still works.
I think this should be addressed very quickly as it basically bricked an expensive accessory.
30 REPLIES 30

Zexiar
Star III
Dear Mods.
Is there any update regarding our issue? It has been a very long time now...

ZT-6498cb35
Star III
Zexiar

Dear Mods.

Is there any update regarding our issue? It has been a very long time now...

View post
Have your problem solved? Mod response for me is to return my kunai to seller because there's a root indication on my kunai. The problem is this online seller has no return policy.
And this recent asus update can't solve this also

Zexiar
Star III
ashabusurur@gmail.com

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/141546#Comment_141546

Have your problem solved? Mod response for me is to return my kunai to seller because there's a root indication on my kunai. The problem is this online seller has no return policy.

And this recent asus update can't solve this also

View post
Mod also contacted me to return it to my reseller. But I bought it through eBay and my return policy has already expired.
Also returning it would not be worth the cost for me.

ZT-6498cb35
Star III
Zexiar

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/142578#Comment_142578

Mod also contacted me to return it to my reseller. But I bought it through eBay and my return policy has already expired.

Also returning it would not be worth the cost for me.

View post
I feel pessimistic about this. Thought this problem can't be solved by a firmware update. So sad that I've bought this kunai for an expensive price and only used is for short periods of time

Zexiar
Star III
Sadly I'll take this as a hard lesson. this is the 3rd ROG Phone released and first I buy. With the awful bugs and issues I face with it. even tho it is advertised to be working with them. I will never buy an Asus phone in my life again after this. Unless they miraculously prove to me that their products are worth it, which I highly doubt they'll ever do, their phones are blacklisted forever for me.