ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/134681#Comment_134681

Don't expect much from that 5mp macro cam

It's just there for the sake of it

OEMs just add 2 and 5 mp macro and depth cameras so they can call their phones "triple and quad camera setups"

For better output you can use gcam tho

Plus if you were comparing to 7t that has a better camera setup the only oneplus phone camera setup that I liked tbh rest are meh

View post
Have to dissagree here. As already shown on the images I posted, the 5mp macro camera is quite capable. What really blows my mind is how the guy is complaining about the macro camera and not the ultrawide, because that one really needs some work.
Hell that clown even doubts i made those pictures.

Here a little fish made out of tree, it's very small but I thought why not. This is low light as well, if you ask me the macro camera is quite usable and decent.

sub
Star III
Any Updates??? Mods ??

marioluethy
Star II
There will be no solution. Its a hardware problem. If there would be a software solution it would be allready developped. They have tried the best to fix it but they cant do it wiht software.
I had the same Probelm 2, 3 Years ago with an other brand and phone and the have changed all devices when they get contacted but the never admitted that there is a hardware problem.
So you have to live with it or refund/return the phone or sell it.
There will be no Update that solves it. And i know some people now say i can't know this... and yes i didnt. but since over 4 month there isnt any solution but a lot of tries. So thats because the problem is the hardware.
I think asus have noticed this in the tests but its not so important. Many user didnt noticed this and many will buy the next rog phone. It is cheaper for them to loose a few customers then stop or scrap the production. Meanwhile they say they do the best to fix it with updates and its because they are frist with hdr 144hz Panel etc.
So its not only Asus that doing this every company do this. i guess because it is not a "mainstream" phone its not profitable to fix it in the production so it is fixed with rog phone 4.
I have refund mine and will never bouth one again from asus and also the new 3080 for my pc i will buy from another manufactor. Why? Not because this issue happend and the even bring it to market. That pretty sure every company made but the dont offer to refund this units or replace it with fixed devices . And that is a no go .

Dr__SushP
Rising Star II
144 hz has less significance than grayed out blacks in videos. A device of this calibre is not used only and only for gaming but also for media consumption. Movies in mx player and YouTube bideoa lose contrast as soon as the brightness is increased. Irrespective of refresh rate. Very sad if you are right...

victory_liu
Rising Star II
push...where is asus...😡