Hitesh_Rai
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG PHONE 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Every Voice Call has the issue
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

I have been using the ASUS ROG PHONE 3 since last 2-3 months. Whenever I make a voice call via the Phone App, there is always a complaint from the person at the other side regarding the call quality. The comments include:
Your Voice is breaking. Cannot hear you properly
Your voice is booming. Are you on loudspeaker? ( I usually am not)
Your voice is sounding like you are speaking from afar.
You voice is cracking.
Your voice volume is very low.
The whatsapp call qualities (both audio and video) are okay. Same with Google Meetings and Facebook video calls. The speakers sound fine too. The only problem is the Voice calls made via the Phone App, which actually are a huge chunk of the usage of my phone.
There are 4 mics in here, this problem should not happen. PLEASE HELP!

10 REPLIES 10

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Hitesh Rai Which carrier are you using? Are you using dual SIM?

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Hitesh Rai Also, please try and make a call with Google Dialer and get back to me with your results.

gugul
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@Hitesh Rai Which carrier are you using? Are you using dual SIM?

View post
I'm also facing the above said issues. I'm using dual sim with carrier Airtel in sim 1 and Jio in sim 2. For normal calls I will test with Google dialer and let you know, but this seems to be an issue also in whatsapp or any other video calling application. What shall I do there?

Besides this, another issue I'm also facing, when the charge drops below 15% and I'd be wearing my earphone a certain sharp irritating sound kicks in while being in whatsapp video call. Can't say whether it happens in normal calls or not as I haven't stumbled upon that. But this is quite irritating. That sharp sound goes away only if we cut the call and dial again, else it goes on from low pitch to high pitch then again low pitch.

Even with the earphone, the user at other end is complaining about low sound. I literally have to hold the mic of the earphone near my mouth constantly all the time to make the other person listen clearly. It used not to be the case in previous updates.
Kindly check this issue. Thank you.

grajmanu
Star I
I have the same issue. I use JIO as Sim1 and BSNL as Sim2. Will try with Google dialler and update the form