This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whole phone will hang when viewing some pages in google chrome.

enfosiang
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 3
Firmware Version: WW-17.0823.2009.98
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Pretty frequent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Google Chrome version: 11.33.9.23.arm64
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
asus-rog-3.jpg
when viewing some matches in hltv.org the whole chrome will hang and will show chrome isnt responding as shown in picture above. May i ask do other have this kind of problem with the same website or other websites also got this kind of problem. It's not fixable even when i turn on the x-mode. Please help me
========================================

5 REPLIES 5

xihe
Rising Star II
This is a problem with android webview and google chrome / google apps in general...... use other browsers that is not based on chrome. .

mohammed98221
Star III
xihe

This is a problem with android webview and google chrome / google apps in general...... use other browsers that is not based on chrome. .

View post
I'm not sure that's the issue as I have compared it to my Pixel 3 which has/had no issues with this either in Android 10 or 11. On my ROG 3 certain pages suddenly freeze and stop responding to touch. When I go to home screen or switch to another app and then open chrome again it un-freezes. I wish I could remember what pages this happened on. Maybe it's just something wrong with those pages.
I'm glad to say I haven't experiece this since updating to 98 but it's early days.

enfosiang
Star I
in my cases it freeze the whole screen as i unable to press any homescreen buttom or switch apps button. I will need to wait for the not responding tabs come out to close the chrome.

mohammed98221
Star III
enfosiang

in my cases it freeze the whole screen as i unable to press any homescreen buttom or switch apps button. I will need to wait for the not responding tabs come out to close the chrome.

View post
That's unlucky. Hope you find a fix.
I tried browsing that site you mentioned and had no issues on my phone. I can't even replicate the issues I was having previously.