This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.98 has no black crush fixes?

Craven
Rising Star II
I read the changelog and it's absolutely disappointing. Apparently, they did some fixing but it's not focused on the most prevalent ones.
26 REPLIES 26

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Update to latest and check idle drain after 2/3 charging cycles

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Craven

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/127944#Comment_127944

We get that the team is working non-stop to improve the firmware but how about they direct 100% of their attention first on the major problems? Especially the slow charging issue. It's been more than a month since i bought this phone and as much as i want to use slow charging, I've never been able to, not even once. I speculate the moment you guys release a fix for this, my battery would already be worn out from all those hypercharging sessions. This is an inconvenience to all those who bought the phone early as we'll be using the phone with poor, unoptimized software.

View post
Update to .98
Its too early to coclude on firmware released just few hours ago wait for 2/3 cycles of battery n daily usage for idle drain
For slow charging issue may be it is problem with mobile manager app try clearing cache n storage and also check with safe mode if device behaves same there it should work with latest FOTA ifnot something may have triggered you may need to factory reset as well If in any case it doesnt work
Black crush issue is main concern yes and ASUS understands that so is the reason they started immediate responses to black crush issue and dont worry they are updating there progress continously to every thread also u must understand that each display has diffrent tunnings and every user may face this black crush with various other conditions so this process of fix is really time taking so as a user all you can do is give some time to them
Thanks!

Craven
Rising Star II
I'm doing a factory reset with this update. Will share results later.

nishantmankar_n
Star III
Craven

I'm doing a factory reset with this update. Will share results later.

View post
I dont think so you will get something better becoZ this update is no use!! For sure!!

akshujaat
Star III
I have realised and checked the black crush issue after updating to .98... The black crush issue and red tint has been reduced and it's better compared to previous versions after using it for one whole day...
Though it is not mentioned in this fota update the black crush is far better..@ Asus you are coming closer to fix it... hope you soon will release a new fota update with all permanent fixes and stability.