This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeing "Some functions cannot be used, please restart the application or the computer" in MyASUS

BNibir
Star I
I am having issues in MyASUS app. Because of this I am not able to use any hot keys such as pressing f2 and f3 for volume changes and so on. Not able to activate any features in MyASUS such as eye care, Battery charging mode, True to life etc. I tried restarting my PC and repair, reset and reinstalling the app and it didn't work. Searched in online for help, found something which says to update the driver "ASUS system control interference V2". Tried updating it but it was already updated. No pending windows updates😔
Device name and model: ASUS VivoBook S15 S531FL
I am having this issue from 8 Sep 2020. It was all okay when I used my laptop and normally shut it down. But after couple of hours when I turned it on I am having this issue.
PLEASE HELP ME😭
20 REPLIES 20

Monisha
Star I
I'm having the same issue too after a fresh reinstall of Windows 10, any advice please?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello timlytle and Monisha,
May I know which model you have? and the current version of your My ASUS APP and ASUS system control interface V2 driver?
And fresh install of Win10 means you install another OS you own? not the factory one? which version is it?
Thank you.

wefwq
Star II
Hello.
I'm having the same problem with MyAsus, this issue pretty much disabled Battery Health Charging function. After tinkering around, I have found the problem is that MyAsus program did not start "ASUSOptimization" service when user is logged on or during system startup.
So when I tried to open list of service and start ASUSOptimization proecess myself, then open MyAsus program the message will disappear and my Battery Health Charging will be usable again.
So that's said that this problem issue due to program not starting it's own service, anyone know how to make the service automatically run during startup? I have tried using Task Scheduler but no avail as I'm not tech-savvy enough.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Manyabhai
Star I
Mikko

Hi. I have done this, reverted it to the previous driver, and also updated the driver again. All three attempts did not work. I am still seeing this message on top of the Home page of MyASUS. Any other troubleshooting steps I can perform? Otherwise I will just remove this app altogether. I do not wish to reset my Windows just for this app.

image.png

View post
Hey same device..same problem
Did it worked out.. Or still same?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
wefwq

Hello.

I'm having the same problem with MyAsus, this issue pretty much disabled Battery Health Charging function. After tinkering around, I have found the problem is that MyAsus program did not start "ASUSOptimization" service when user is logged on or during system startup.

So when I tried to open list of service and start ASUSOptimization proecess myself, then open MyAsus program the message will disappear and my Battery Health Charging will be usable again.

So that's said that this problem issue due to program not starting it's own service, anyone know how to make the service automatically run during startup? I have tried using Task Scheduler but no avail as I'm not tech-savvy enough.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

View post
Hello wefwq,
Which model and which version of ASUS System Control Interface V2 driver and MyASUS App you have?
Thank you.