This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint and silent mode vibration bugs on Zenfone Max Pro M1

Incandenza
Star II
I'd like to point out two things I consider as bugs on Android 10 builds for Zenfone Max Pro M1:
1) When the phone is unlocked using fingerprint, it vibrates. But when the unlocking fails, it vibrates too. This is a dumb implementation. It's better to keep things as in Android 9: sound for successful unlocking, vibration when unlocking fails.
2) Vibration when we activate silent mode is stronger than vibration when vibrate mode is activated. This is counterintuitive. The phone should vibrate more when we activate vibrate mode, and less (or even don't vibrate at all) when we activate silent mode.
15 REPLIES 15

dibyarupprk2011
Rising Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi sujanjsr0

Yes. It is the normal behavior of Andriod 10 ASOP system. Sorry for any inconvenience it may caused. 

View post
@Christine_ASUS note carefully! @Incandenza and i said about the vibration feedback we get after turning the vibration mode and silent mode from the volume pannel... not about the vibration we get upon unlocking thru fingerprint!!
While switching to vibration or silent you'll notice the haptic feedback we get while switching is more in silent than vibration!
Screenshot attached...
screenshot-20200930-144554-7e2.png

Incandenza
Star II
dibyarupprk2011

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/120282#Comment_120282

@Christine_ASUS note carefully! @Incandenza and i said about the vibration feedback we get after turning the vibration mode and silent mode from the volume pannel... not about the vibration we get upon unlocking thru fingerprint!!

While switching to vibration or silent you'll notice the haptic feedback we get while switching is more in silent than vibration!

Screenshot attached...

View post
Yeah, he is right @Christine_ASUS . That's what I was talking about.

RadeonPS
Rising Star II
dibyarupprk2011

Screenshot attached...

View post
Oh yes, that's right switching between profiles via volume menu and their feedback has been shifted down to the previous ones.
Now. (Correct)
Silent to General - No vibration. (Short)
General to Vibration - Short Vibration. (Long)
Vibration to Silent - Long Vibration. (No)
Shift them up 1 by 1

RadeonPS
Rising Star II
dibyarupprk2011

Screenshot attached...

View post
Agree . Feedback on Profile switching via volume menu gives feedback differently than before. These need to be shifted one up.
Now
Silent>General (No vibration)
General>Vibration (Short)
Vibration>Silent (Long)

Originally it was as follows.
Silent>General (Short)
General>Vibration (Long)
Vibration>Silent (No vibration)
Shift them up by 1.

dibyarupprk2011
Rising Star II
dibyarupprk2011

Screenshot attached...

View post
@Christine_ASUS