volkslove
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG2 phone
Firmware Version:17.0240.2009.47
Rooted or not:not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:after update
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): NA
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After that last update battery life has decreased tremendously without any change in usage. Anyone else experience this?

56 REPLIES 56

sunychaudhry
Star I
Draining very fast as compare before the update

Myki
Star I
Too fast battery drainage on my Rog phone 2..when this will get fixed..?? Any idea.

PrinceFadi
Star II
PrinceFadi

I haven't updated my device yet and by the looks of it I don't think I should be, and I am also angry about the fact that asus is just focusing on the rog phone 3 completely. It's like they have just given up on the phone 2 instead. Many games are supposed to be played on 90fps and here we are still stuck on 60fps. And yes stop blaming this on Google Play services and use your brain to think about it. Even on the instagram page of rog we are just being told to wait instead of being given a logical explanation to make sure we as customers are assured. It's a complete turn of events in a small time. I have no idea what is going to happen in the future but if this kind of stuff continues then it's better to switch your device and forget about this kind stuff instead of paying money to them for their pleasure instead of ours.

View post
There's also one more issue I'd like to quote, idk if it's happening with others or not but while charging, the phone charges for a min or two then it stops charging. At first I thought there was an issue with my charger but when I bought a new one, the issue still exists, if anyone is facing the same thing please notify as it is becoming a headache for disconnecting and reconnecting the charger every 2 mins.

manojkevinm
Star I
Is this related with this. When I play PUBG Mobile for 20 mins, almost near the end of match, the game stucks with a weird sound and phone turns off. And a tremondous heat is observed from the phone as it turns off. I have to start the phone again.

Shivam_Dahiya
Zen Master I
PrinceFadi

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/119059#Comment_119059

There's also one more issue I'd like to quote, idk if it's happening with others or not but while charging, the phone charges for a min or two then it stops charging. At first I thought there was an issue with my charger but when I bought a new one, the issue still exists, if anyone is facing the same thing please notify as it is becoming a headache for disconnecting and reconnecting the charger every 2 mins.

View post
Try using a different power socket , this happened with me as well , but trying different power points may surely solve the problem.