jasonwch
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
As many posted on the forum. I and everyone have similar issue. (This is already upgraded for whole night and a full charge)
CPU also peak at 2.84/2.96 as from Armoury Crate even didn't do anything
Temperature goes high
Battery drain quickly
"Android System" also taking all battery usage from Battery page
What I observed:
From running processes, "Google Play Service" always show up, which not the case in old firmware
What I've tried to fix:
Wipe data (all data not just cache) for Google Play service and Armoury Crate. After cleaned, seems the CPU back to 826Hz, but after I restart the device, it go back to 2.84/2.96 all the time
There may be something wrong on this?

266 REPLIES 266

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
IMO THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD A REROLL FOR THIS AS IT CAN AFFECT HARDWARE DUE TO CONSTANT HIGH CPU LOAD. NOT ALL ROG 2 USERS CHECK THIS FORUM and NOT ALL HAS KNOWLEDGE TO REROLL TO ANDROID 9.

mamayankag
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

Hi guys,

Just going to pop in and let you know that we're aware that there are multiple issues being reported by users in this thread and that we've opened separate cases for them. (Google Play, Armoury Crate etc.) Our developers are investigating as we speak. We will address this and issue a new FOTA as soon as possible.

Thank you for all the detailed responses so far!

View post
Hi Gustav_ASUS,
My sincere thanks for your reply. I would just like to request one thing from you if it's possible. Please let the ASUS Dev/Test team know that while the promised Bi-Monthly Updates are expected by users, it should never come at the cost of Half-Hearted Development/Testing.
I am a Dev myself in my company and I understand the Dev/Test effort required. We have never released an update without thorough Testing which ASUS team seems to be taking very lightly. I do not know if you'll read the full thing but this is an earnest request. Seeing such Updates which just ruin Customer Experience while using such a Beast of a phone is an unbearable pain.

sully9088
Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118235#Comment_118235

There will be an update next week to this issue. So, it's not like we are not being listened to.

Furthermore, these people coming together helping each other is great 🤗

View post
Is it possible to roll back this update today? Think of all the people who are experiencing this that are not here on the forums. I'm sure there are a lot of concerned people out there. Don't want to upset customers. A week is too long. This needs a "today" fix.

sully9088
Star I
My phone has been so hot the last few days this is nuts. The battery only lasts 8-10 hours. I'm afraid it will become damaged. Please give us an opportunity to roll back to previous update.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
sully9088

My phone has been so hot the last few days this is nuts. The battery only lasts 8-10 hours. I'm afraid it will become damaged. Please give us an opportunity to roll back to previous update.

View post
I am not a moderator so all I and everyone here is to try and help.
Unfortunately, you won't be able to rollback to the last firmware. But you can downgrade to A9 and work your way up to the last working A10 firmware. Problem there is, you might get data loss.
There are alot of suggestions made here and unfortunately, not all of them work will work. @FiREPLAY and @shreyashshah16 have come up with the idea of disabling HardwareStub until a patch is released. I would recommend trying that before trying to downgrade.
Disabling HardwareStub:
The steps are as follows:
Ensure you enable USB Debugging under Developer Options on your phone (if you don't see Developer Options, go to the last part)
Connect phone to a PC using USB
Download ADB from this location to your PC: https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
Unzip the file
Open Powershell or Command Prompt on your PC
Navigate to the unzipped location using Powershell/Command Prompt
Then type in: "adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.asus.hardwarestub" without quotes
Renabling HardwareStub:
When you receive the patch next week,
Simply do the same but use enable by typing in the command: "adb shell pm enable com.asus.hardwarestub" without quotes.
The downside to this is you can't change refresh rates.
Reference:
5 post from the bottom
jasonwch

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

As many posted on the forum. I and everyone have similar issue. (This is already upgraded for whole night and a full charge)

1. CPU also peak at 2.84/2.96 as from Armoury Crate even didn't do anything
  2. Temperature goes high
  3. Battery drain quickly
  4. "Android System" also taking all battery usage from Battery page

What I observed:

1. From running processes, "Google Play Service" always show up, which not the case in old firmware

What I've tried to fix:

1. Wipe data (all data not just cache) for Google Play service and Armoury Crate. After cleaned, seems the CPU back to 826Hz, but after I restart the device, it go back to 2.84/2.96 all the time

There may be something wrong on this?

High temperature / CPU usage / battery drain on 2009.47
Enabling Developer Options
If you don't have developer options, do the following:
On your phone, go to Settings - About phone - Software information
Tap Build number at least 5 times (it will show number of taps left as you are tapping on the screen)
Go back to Settings - System
You will now see Developer Options
Good Luck!