This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Updates

dj_darshan53
Star II
Well i wanted to use rog phone 2 so i upgraded from oneplus 6 to it . But than it came as an bad thing jist because of its firmware / software updates they are so damn slow got android 10 after almost 6-7 months of release whereas oneplus 7t which launched alongside rog 2 got it inside the box and now its been gone all august and half september but still no security patch updates also for august so i wont even ask for september im tired so just gonna switch to oneplus again #soon
36 REPLIES 36

ronald1985
Community Legend I
dj.darshan53

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113963#Comment_113963

Chutiya cheez pe kya hi comment karu just waiting for a buyer gonna sell and get this shit outta my pocket

View post
I must say good luck on your quest. As an advice, when you get your next phone, I recommend doing some research on the number of security patches the manufacturer is providing. Just saying so you don't make the same mistake when you got the ROG phone.

SoumyaRS
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113957#Comment_113957

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113956#Comment_113956

I don't disagree with any of the comments at all @dj.darshan53 .

I guess ROG (or any ASUS phone considered as gaming phone) is in its own league when it comes to software coding for the gaming phone, afterall it's not a normal phone. Even though I don't or have never owned a Zenfone (yet). It would be interesting if A10 was around the same time span it released beta.

It will also be interesting see how other "gaming phones" come in with A11 updates. That's where the competition begins. There's no point comparing a gaming phone with a normal phone or price in the matter of things. Every phone will have their pros and cons. So the comparison I was thinking about is like Red Magic or Black Shark compared to ROGs.

View post
Whats wrong with you bro?
Is it sarcasm?
Are you saying that if our priority is security and latest android update then don't buy Rog phone?
Coz it's a gaming phone?
Have you seen that 90% of the posts are about auto shutdown and restart issue?
If you are in middle of a game and it shuts down automatically, is it a gaming feature?
Still you want to compare it to other gaming phones like blackshark and redmagic?
I know you are very helpful to some users. However, now you have started to poke everyone in their posts. When some users are facing few issues or wanted some updates or features, whats wrong with that.
People are feeling very annoying about you.

Melqui
Zen Master I
I believe my next will be Samsung. Fast security updates, system stability and VoLTE, a simple VoLTE enabled.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
SoumyaRS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113963#Comment_113963

Whats wrong with you bro?

Is it sarcasm?

Are you saying that if our priority is security and latest android update then don't buy Rog phone?

Coz it's a gaming phone?

Have you seen that 90% of the posts are about auto shutdown and restart issue?

If you are in middle of a game and it shuts down automatically, is it a gaming feature?

Still you want to compare it to other gaming phones like blackshark and redmagic?

I know you are very helpful to some users. However, now you have started to poke everyone in their posts. When some users are facing few issues or wanted some updates or features, whats wrong with that.

People are feeling very annoying about you.

View post
It was not sarcasm. Didnt mention that you should not buy the phone if you're top concern is security. I was only advising him to do some research because not all phones will roll out security updates on the same month it is out.
Shut down issue have been answered by moderators and I have simply relayed that message. No one said it was a feature. My friends and I cannot re-produce the issue and we too play PUBG. I won't answer on others behalf. But that alone is not a software issue because we would get the same issue. Would you agree?
When I've said Black Shark and Red Magic, it was comparing on update intervals. Shut down issue was irrelevant to the discussion. In my other response to OP, I compared Google Pixels and OnePlus. Not sure why OP didn't want Google Pixel instead of OnePlus. I thought it was a great recommendation since A11 is out and about already.
I don't need to discuss about the last sentence. It's a forum.

IRONHIDE
Rising Star II
Melqui

I believe my next will be Samsung. Fast updates, stability and VoLTE, a simple VoLTE enabled.

View post
Oneplus and google more fast bro.