This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Trigger issue

nightsilvance
Star III
Experiencing some issue with my right air trigger. Button press is sometimes unresponsive and intermittent. Notice it after the latest firmware update. Sometimes the button press would "flicker" when I'm holding it down. Want to know if it's a software bug or hardware issue. Hopefully someone can enlighten me.
314 REPLIES 314

jasonwch
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/114497#Comment_114497

Best way to find out is to wait for the next FOTA. If that doesn't fix your issue, then we can log your device

View post
may I know when will be the next FOTA?

jasonwch
Rising Star II
i think i've found the culprit causing this. While waiting for new firmware, ppl may also try
I just remember this problem happens after I plug in the Aero cooler yesterday (coz i didn't use it for long time, want to try if it's still working)
Then today I just plug back in the Aero cooler+powered it+turn fan to highest. magic happens which the problem gone when i do gaming or test from Armoury Crate. After few games, I unplug the Aero cooler during the game. I can see the right Air Trigger will lag a bit. But then it's back to normal. Also normal to play a few games afterward
I think very obviously the Aerocooler (or side connector) somehow will interfere the air trigger (based on observation that the "lag" when i pull off the aerocooler). So plug and unplug makes the magic.

Not sure if Asus team next update is fixing the bug about this. Or Mods, you can have dev team to look at this possible reason

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
jasonwch

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/114511#Comment_114511

may I know when will be the next FOTA?

View post
.68 FOTA is currently pending for CTS approval (Done by Google) so if it goes through, then FOTA will happen next week

FiREPLAY
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/114512#Comment_114512

.68 FOTA is currently pending for CTS approval (Done by Google) so if it goes through, then FOTA will happen next week

View post
Are you talking about ROG 2 or ROG 3? Asking just to confirm.

jasonwch
Rising Star II
jasonwch

i think i've found the culprit causing this. While waiting for new firmware, ppl may also try

I just remember this problem happens after I plug in the Aero cooler yesterday (coz i didn't use it for long time, want to try if it's still working)

Then today I just plug back in the Aero cooler+powered it+turn fan to highest. magic happens which the problem gone when i do gaming or test from Armoury Crate. After few games, I unplug the Aero cooler during the game. I can see the right Air Trigger will lag a bit. But then it's back to normal. Also normal to play a few games afterward

I think very obviously the Aerocooler (or side connector) somehow will interfere the air trigger (based on observation that the "lag" when i pull off the aerocooler). So plug and unplug makes the magic.

Not sure if Asus team next update is fixing the bug about this. Or Mods, you can have dev team to look at this possible reason

View post
seems this won't work. After dinner, problem again when i play game 😞

But Aerocooler or side connector definitely the culprit, when i plug in aerocooler, it immediately back to normal. Now i pulled out the aerocooler, still working fine. Dont know how long will it last