This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[5z] Justice to flagship, Atleast zenui 7 top of Android 10 OR Android 11 top of zenui 6

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Model Name: 5z
Firmware Version:100.10.107.92
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: forever
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): system
Time has come ASUS has started beta testing for 6z as its regular cycle why skip 5z as a flagship i personally feel 5z is best device ASUS has made till date with lesser hardware issues comparing 6z n rog series also 5z is most sold smartphone till date for ASUS in flagship range m happy with dedicated support till date for 5z and still ongoing for more few months
But as a flagship owner want to tell ASUS that is 5z really worth to be called as flagship 👇
1.No vowifi
2.No prime hd
3.No ARCORE
4.No camera UI improvements even after Zenui 6
5.No dedicated nightmode for capable sensor in camera app
6.Touch panel stutters in games exists since Android 8 (which we and mods are still fighting to get fix from devs )
even after several requests since months from 5z users no hard push from ASUS for 5z users why? No requested features are seen
If thats fine not to give it to 5z owners than its ok
But to fill this huge gap can asus make us happy with surprising decision like more 6 months update cycle with implementations like atleast providing
*ZENUI 7 on Android 10 itself
OR
*Android 11/R on top of ZENUI 6 itslef
I wish atleast ASUS will reconsider our request and justice 5z as a flagship before ending up support to 5z
@Christine_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @STARRAIN_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Y_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @gabriel_prado @ga278057 @gabriel95
299 REPLIES 299

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
aamod.v8

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113191#Comment_113191

What MI device gives 4 miui updates? and 3-4 years support? Most probably they are not sold in India then.

View post
I said nothing about android os updates. MI phones get 2 years like every other device out there. I was talking about MIUI updates which is just the skin on top of the OS. Like our own ZenUI. What I said is even 4 year old phones from 5k INR segment like Redmi 5A get updated to the latest MIUI. I have used it myself, the Redmi 5A was released with MIUI 7 on top of Android 6 in 2017. It got Android 7 in 2017 based on MIUI 8. It is still on Android 7 today. But it has MIUI 10 with the Feb security patch. So thats what I was pointing to here. Even phones as old as Redmi 4 released with MIUI 5 got updated till MIUI 10. While their Androids never got updated, the MIUI is updated for 3-4 years even for budget phones. You can verify it from other sources.
And if you do want to draw a parallel with 5z, POCO F1 was released with MIUI 9 - Android 8 Oreo. In 2019, got updated to MIUI 10 - Android 9 Pie. Earlier this year got, Android 10 - MIUI 11. Now it will get MIUI 12 based on same Android 10. That is how it is. However given what you confirmed in the previous post. All this doesn't make sense. Fingers crossed for 5z. Cheers!

aamod_v8
Zen Master I
subhojit.dey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113249#Comment_113249

I said nothing about android os updates. MI phones get 2 years like every other device out there. I was talking about MIUI updates which is just the skin on top of the OS. Like our own ZenUI. What I said is even 4 year old phones from 5k INR segment like Redmi 5A get updated to the latest MIUI. I have used it myself, the Redmi 5A was released with MIUI 7 on top of Android 6 in 2017. It got Android 7 in 2017 based on MIUI 8. It is still on Android 7 today. But it has MIUI 10 with the Feb security patch. So thats what I was pointing to here. Even phones as old as Redmi 4 released with MIUI 5 got updated till MIUI 10. While their Androids never got updated, the MIUI is updated for 3-4 years even for budget phones. You can verify it from other sources.

And if you do want to draw a parallel with 5z, POCO F1 was released with MIUI 9 - Android 8 Oreo. In 2019, got updated to MIUI 10 - Android 9 Pie. Earlier this year got, Android 10 - MIUI 11. Now it will get MIUI 12 based on same Android 10. That is how it is. However given what you confirmed in the previous post. All this doesn't make sense. Fingers crossed for 5z. Cheers!

View post
Asus sadly links their UI updates with android versions. So i am not much hopeful. It would be nice if they atleast make A10 completely stable before finishing with the support. Though what you suggest is something every other company should adopt. UI updates SHOULD NOT be linked with Android updates. Good day.

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
All I want to say Asus that we agree that u kept your promise but at the same time what about those basic features that 5z has missing? Vowifi is introduced before 5z support cycle end right? Then why 5z still not get vowifi? Even if no prime HD support.If u promise for 2 years support then we should get vowifi and Also prime HD. 2 years software updates doesn't means only os upgrades but also we expect some new features also. And we should expect feature updates because 5z is a flagship device and people bought flagship devices not only for performance but also they expect some extra features in comparison to midrange devices. But we 5z users are still requesting for basic features like vowifi, Amazon prime HD and Dedicated night mode singe long time. Other midrange devices get those features easily and here we keep shouting for those features. And we open this thread just because Asus said that those features were not in their hands so we agree with them and requesting them for Zenui7 which is in their hands but now if they don't give us Zenui7 also then not only me but many users of this large 5z community will definitely left Asus after this kind of support.
Give us basic features that are missing like vowifi, prime HD support, Dedicated night mode/Zenui7/Android 11, any of these would be great.

burakterzi91
Rising Star I
Asus is finished for me. You can't expect a Zenui7 and a11 update from a company that can't offer a more stable update.Asus disappoint.
I bought it as a price performance phone(Zenfone 5z) in 2018, but then I realized that companies like poco, xiaomi and realme,oppo are much better alternatives. Asus can't compete.
Surprise us Asus

R_2
Rising Star II
burakterzi91

Asus is finished for me. You can't expect a Zenui7 and a11 update from a company that can't offer a more stable update.Asus disappoint.

I bought it as a price performance phone(Zenfone 5z) in 2018, but then I realized that companies like poco, xiaomi and realme,oppo are much better alternatives. Asus can't compete.

Surprise us Asus

View post
Yes. They update the UI just once... Better to get a pocophone or another xiaomi device. Cheaper and better support