This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: Will Zenfone 6 get the new, gorgeous-looking Zen UI 7 updates?

TheCuriosCat
Star III
Title, please say yes......🤣
33 REPLIES 33

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
How about the ability to use the device as an actual phone in the United States after the end of this year? That would be a handy feature.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/32370/volte-will-soon-be-required-for-tmobile/p1

hrishikeshsunde
Star III
@Anders_ASUS since you asked , the members of zenfone 6 telegram community have made a list of pretty basic features we would like to have with a11 , nothing huge , just small additions..

1. Pro video mode for camera
Both 5z and zf7 have this feature , but it has been left out on zf6 , the videography on this phone is very good with really good stabilization , but due to lack of a pro mode for video we aren't able to take best advantage of the video capabilities , pro mode will help us set manual focus and iso locking with videos just like we could on 5z and zf7.

2.Accent color themes 
Just like without zenfone 7 , those 8 colors which u can chose to apply throughout the entire ui , ig it's a part of the zenui7 update already.

3.Option to launch 3rd party apps with smartkey
The zenfone 7 has this , pressing snartkey can be assigned to opening any app , this would be extremely useful use case for the smart key.

4.The new battery care options , with slow charging and charge limit options , I'm assuming this also is part of the zenui7 update already.

5.We have noticed that the zenfone 7 has an optional secondary ui design for the quick settings panel , one where the bubbles slide down more than usual with clock on top.
The one handed quick settings style , we'd like to have it as it will be more convenient for one handed usage.

6.Updated game genie app with on screen frame rate display , this was an rog only feature but the zenfone 7 has it now , we'd like to have it too.

7.A toggle on the quick settings panel to switch the preffered sim for mobile data. Extremely useful for people with mobile data plans on 2 sims , just a single tap would switch the preffered data sim , zenfone 5z has this.

8.Toggle to turn off distortion correction on ultrawide camera , the distortion correction on the ultrawide camera is killing off a lot of details and smearing up the image , I'm guessing we can get bit more quality in the image with distortion correction disabled , as the image won't stretched in the corners like it does with correction on.

9.Another simple but extremely useful suggestion for camera , please add this.
As of now we have 3 HDR options available
Them being : HDR OFF , HDR+ (AUTO) , HDR++
What we don't have is a "force hdr+ on" option
That is an option to keep the regular hdr+ on all the time , which is different from the current option we have which automatically decides whether to use hdr+ or not

Really hoping that you would take our suggestions and add these with our updates.

Thank you , have a nice day.

TheCuriosCat
Star III
Anders_ASUS

You're welcome to make a constructive list of features (not present in ZenUi 7) that you want and why these are important to you. This will increase the chance that they will find their way into future updates or at least future products.

ZenFone 6 won't get ALL of the features that can be found in ZenFone 7 but you will get SOME of them in the Android R update. Unfortunately I can't disclose which ones at this point

View post
And I DEFINITELY want to he new transition animation (reveal), remember I posted that request last year? Because it just makes the device feels so much more snappier! Oh! And the bouncing animation plus the rounded corner design in recent app screen as well!

sid2109
Star III
hrishikeshsunder39

@Anders_ASUS since you asked , the members of zenfone 6 telegram community have made a list of pretty basic features we would like to have with a11 , nothing huge , just small additions..

1. Pro video mode for camera

Both 5z and zf7 have this feature , but it has been left out on zf6 , the videography on this phone is very good with really good stabilization , but due to lack of a pro mode for video we aren't able to take best advantage of the video capabilities , pro mode will help us set manual focus and iso locking with videos just like we could on 5z and zf7.

2.Accent color themes 

Just like without zenfone 7 , those 8 colors which u can chose to apply throughout the entire ui , ig it's a part of the zenui7 update already.

3.Option to launch 3rd party apps with smartkey

The zenfone 7 has this , pressing snartkey can be assigned to opening any app , this would be extremely useful use case for the smart key.

4.The new battery care options , with slow charging and charge limit options , I'm assuming this also is part of the zenui7 update already.

5.We have noticed that the zenfone 7 has an optional secondary ui design for the quick settings panel , one where the bubbles slide down more than usual with clock on top.

The one handed quick settings style , we'd like to have it as it will be more convenient for one handed usage.

6.Updated game genie app with on screen frame rate display , this was an rog only feature but the zenfone 7 has it now , we'd like to have it too.

7.A toggle on the quick settings panel to switch the preffered sim for mobile data. Extremely useful for people with mobile data plans on 2 sims , just a single tap would switch the preffered data sim , zenfone 5z has this.

8.Toggle to turn off distortion correction on ultrawide camera , the distortion correction on the ultrawide camera is killing off a lot of details and smearing up the image , I'm guessing we can get bit more quality in the image with distortion correction disabled , as the image won't stretched in the corners like it does with correction on.

9.Another simple but extremely useful suggestion for camera , please add this.

As of now we have 3 HDR options available

Them being : HDR OFF , HDR+ (AUTO) , HDR++

What we don't have is a "force hdr+ on" option

That is an option to keep the regular hdr+ on all the time , which is different from the current option we have which automatically decides whether to use hdr+ or not

Really hoping that you would take our suggestions and add these with our updates.

Thank you , have a nice day.

View post
@Anders_ASUS This list posted by Hrishikesh comes from a 6z telegram group that has 750+ members and the items requested have been curated , consolidated and posted here . These are some of the items that we as a group felt that were feasible and would vastly improve the user experience for all of us. Hoping that the dev team takes these requests seriously . Cheers 👍

doublem101
Star III
Out of curiosity anyone knows if theres any 3rd app that allows to select ISO in video mode in Zenfone 6?
There's some specific situations where i wouldn't mind to change the ISO or other settings, especially at night, to make the image brighter.