ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

illixir
Star III
anjubunny123

I guess you need to check other forums where users of OnePlus and other companies also posted their experience but literally no one in other forums named those comments as filth expect you in this forum and now I think everyone will get to know who is filthy

A: people who share their frustration and terrible experience of cartoonish Black gray patch display

(or)

B: the ones who just give users pain, frustration a tag of filth

A or B you can give your support to one of the above

choice is upto you folks ,You know who is a filth and who is not

View post
I don't want to stoop to your level of mockery and hate harbingering mate, but I'll tell you this; you are the only one who seems triggered by my comment and by the word "filthy" in particular.
Just to clarify, I called the hate filthy and the kind of language used to display it. It was not at all aimed at anyone in particular. So your outrage seems pointless. Also, if the shoe fits you, you very well know where you are headed.
Best of luck!

@Cpz Bro,
I have contacted you on Instagram regarding the refund related query. Please respond. Flipkart has approved my replacement request, now i want to know, how exactly i can cancel that and get refund like you did.
For everyone else on the forum:
For all those who want to know, my device has black crush issue even after updating to .58 version.
It is visible on all different refresh rates, even on 60hz and all levels of brightness mostly, if you observe it very closely.
it keeps on increasing with higher refresh rates and black crush issue peaks out nearly at 50% brightness. (on 144hz and 120hz)
And on another note, i would like people here to understand each other, rather than proving your point to each other.
People are frustrated because, they bought this mobile for a higher price (mostly for everyone, if not for some) and the issue exists on their device. They can't do anything about it rather than posting here. Yes to get an update on it, if an official announcement from ASUS comes then people will be relieved at least for some part, until it is resolved by ASUS. ( Either by software or hardware, whatever it takes)
Mostly the major concern for users here is, if this is a hardware related issue or a software one? if hardware related one, then they can claim in flipkart for a replacement(hopefully under the 7 days replacement time).
But it is not going to happen, as to find out the root cause and to give the apt solution, it might take months of effort from the Devs and more importantly a valuable feed back from the users to ASUS after every update. Also the major part of the users will have issues based on their usage and environment, so the Devs need to find all the extremities in order to deploy a proper fix for this issue.
I have lost the hopes that it will be resolved on a FOTA update, after trying the recent .58 update, as only brightness was tweaked/modified/adjusted (majorly for Netflix) as it is mentioned on the change log of the update. Also either the Devs nor the mods are confirming that it is not a hardware related issue. I know it takes time to find the root cause, but if you are saying that it will be resolved over next FOTA updates, at least acknowledge that it is not a hardware issue, that might give some confidence to the users here.
For all the users, who are posting here for a solution to replace/return your device. I suggest you to return/replace it right away within the return period. As the process of finding the resolution for this might be a long process mostly. Come back here regularly and check the updates on the same. If the issue is resolved in future, go back and buy the ROG 3 (Its still a beast of a phone, except for that so called black crush issue).
PS: I will definitely buy the ROG 3 back, if the issue is resolved in future. Thanks All.
I have just shared my opinion overall, hope it helps someone.

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
imperatorraj

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/108590#Comment_108590

I don't want to stoop to your level of mockery and hate harbingering mate, but I'll tell you this; you are the only one who seems triggered by my comment and by the word "filthy" in particular.

Just to clarify, I called the hate filthy and the kind of language used to display it. It was not at all aimed at anyone in particular. So your outrage seems pointless. Also, if the shoe fits you, you very well know where you are headed.

Best of luck!

View post
well suit yourself,as a member of this forum I've just explained what have done is not good, it's upto you to learn from or just ignore ,all the best to you too

Pradee
Star II
The black crush effect is still persist even after updating .58 version. Especially while watching youtube videos..

Starlord
Star III
Hi everyone
@Anders_ASUS @Admin
The latest update .58 has switched off the wide colour gamut on the screen. Please do look into it.