CyberPunk2302
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
We need Android 10 to be released for ROG Phone 1.
The current latest firmware is full of bugs and many applications now need a minimum requirement of Android 10 for certain enhancements and features to work.
It is a shame that Asus is failing with the flagship phone. I request everyone to post as much as possible about the humiliation and the way we have been treated with this phone on all online forums. I can't wait for ROG Phone 3 review videos on YouTube so that I can smash all the sponsered reviewers giving fake reviews about the phone.
If the moderators of this page are watching this. We need an update and tell your lazy developers to live up to the expectation.
Last but not the least, your Asus India head, Dinesh Sharma is a liar who never keeps up his promises. Watch what he promised on the launch of Asus ROG Phone 1 and you'll know.
10 REPLIES 10

Aryan202
Community Legend I
CyberPunk2302

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/86653#Comment_86653

Am careful with my words. I never said the word limitation. I said certain features and enhancements.

View post
ROG phone 1 is on zen ui 6 right now right?
Zen ui 6 incorporates almost all a10 features (dark mode, inbuilt screen recorder and for extra customisation you have themes)
Plus almost all asus first party apps would've been updated to the latest with zen ui 6 (like the gallery, calculator app etc)
The only thing you really would be missing on the would be android 10 gestures leaving that not much
I'm currently on zenfone 5z (2018) running a10 based on zen ui 6 (may security patch)
Gotta say that zen ui 6 is pretty slick and snappy with almost no bloatware
You guys even have the latest armory crate for extra customisation smh

CyberPunk2302
Rising Star II
Again, am not complaining about Zen UI which is pretty okay. Am talking about certain things which are provided only with Android 10. Privacy controls, location controls, Dark Mode support for more apps and more features which are important and appealing. Why do you think we do not deserve an update or why are you defending Asus? This is a flagship phone and it should have updates pushed just like other manufacturers. We have paid more than other phones and we deserve the best to be available. If you are happy with what you have, so be it. There are many who aren't happy and requesting for an update.

There is only one reason I am not happy with my rog phone right now. I have not experienced any bugs in the year and a half I've had it, and the security updates still do come.
However I want to use the desktop mode that's hidden in Android 10. I want to get the nexdock touch and use my phone as a laptop. The apps and launchers you can get are glitchy and my displays aren't 18:9, so that doesn't work out very well.
The desktop mode makes a new screen that you can use like a normal computer, and that's the only reason I've got to be jealous of Samsung users at this point. Dex is amazing. Rog phone users should get out own version of that.

Jan_Darrel
Star III
loralarson1964

There is only one reason I am not happy with my rog phone right now. I have not experienced any bugs in the year and a half I've had it, and the security updates still do come.

However I want to use the desktop mode that's hidden in Android 10. I want to get the nexdock touch and use my phone as a laptop. The apps and launchers you can get are glitchy and my displays aren't 18:9, so that doesn't work out very well.

The desktop mode makes a new screen that you can use like a normal computer, and that's the only reason I've got to be jealous of Samsung users at this point. Dex is amazing. Rog phone users should get out own version of that.

View post
Desktop Mode is already in ROG Phone 1 since Oreo when you have a dock for this mobile like professional dock and desktop dock.
When you connect your phone to any of this dock you can see a dropdown notification TwinView or Tablet Mode -> this "Tablet Mode" im using this since 2018 until now it is like a Desktop Mode in android 10 but it's Beta but so far i didn't encounter bugs.
Also when you use the TabletMode feature or TwinView it is a separately function then Duplicate your PUBG Game then play in 2nd Monitor and play the other in the Phone Screen. its just like a Desktop Computer.
And Rightnow i'm ready to upgrade to ROG 3 from 1 🙂

Jan Darrel

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/103404#Comment_103404

Desktop Mode is already in ROG Phone 1 since Oreo when you have a dock for this mobile like professional dock and desktop dock.

When you connect your phone to any of this dock you can see a dropdown notification TwinView or Tablet Mode -> this "Tablet Mode" im using this since 2018 until now it is like a Desktop Mode in android 10 but it's Beta but so far i didn't encounter bugs.

Also when you use the TabletMode feature or TwinView it is a separately function then Duplicate your PUBG Game then play in 2nd Monitor and play the other in the Phone Screen. its just like a Desktop Computer.

And Rightnow i'm ready to upgrade to ROG 3 from 1 🙂

View post
I have a dock that I use with my Nintendo switch, and Chromebook that said it supported Samsung DeX, and it does not do video output for my phone, and it does not give me an option for a tablet mode. And I found an xdadevelopers post about forcing tabletmode, and this isn't really a desktop mode in what I was looking for.
I wanted to have multiple apps open side by side for productivity reasons, and have it on a separate screen that isn't duplicated, and can be a different screen ratio, as the phone is 18:9 and most displays are 16:9.

I'm still looking to get the rog phone 3 anyways, but it would be nice to have that feature on the rog phone 1.