This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 2 - bottom mic issue

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
So yesterday when i was calling my friend he's been shouting that he couldn't hear my voice at all , after that i did my all mic test by dialling .12345+= in asus calculator app and did a single test for each mic.
All the mic till mic 3 has been working just fine but the 4th one giving off this weird issue ( attached a sample below )
As you can see this is the second hardware issue i faced on my Rog 2..
First was the bottom charging port where Asus service centre guys literally harrased me giving date after date that my issue will get fixed and like that to fix that port they literally took 17 days..
Now again for this issue as i called Asus they are saying we have to send your device to kolkata and the whole process might take 15 days..
So Asus why all these ? Don't you guys have proper quality testings before releasing your product in the market ??
Do understand if you guys continue to provide us such products we might soon abandon you and move to other brand..
Now i have ordered Rog 3 as m a Rog lover but now m being sceptical whether i should cancel my Rog 3 order or not
Model Name: ZS660KL WW
Firmware Version: WW_17.0240.2007.27_0
Rooted or not: Not rooted ( locked bootloader
Frequency of Occurrence: From 12 Aug ( Continuously )
APP Name & APP Version - Not related to app
PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS POST MODERATORS !!!

3 REPLIES 3

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
RAIDEN™

So yesterday when i was calling my friend he's been shouting that he couldn't hear my voice at all , after that i did my all mic test by dialling .12345+= in asus calculator app and did a single test for each mic.

All the mic till mic 3 has been working just fine but the 4th one giving off this weird issue ( attached a sample below )

As you can see this is the second hardware issue i faced on my Rog 2..

First was the bottom charging port where Asus service centre guys literally harrased me giving date after date that my issue will get fixed and like that to fix that port they literally took 17 days..

Now again for this issue as i called Asus they are saying we have to send your device to kolkata and the whole process might take 15 days..

So Asus why all these ? Don't you guys have proper quality testings before releasing your product in the market ??

Do understand if you guys continue to provide us such products we might soon abandon you and move to other brand..

Now i have ordered Rog 3 as m a Rog lover but now m being sceptical whether i should cancel my Rog 3 order or not

1. Model Name: ZS660KL WW
  2. Firmware Version: WW_17.0240.2007.27_0
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted ( locked bootloader
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: From 12 Aug ( Continuously )
  5. APP Name & APP Version - Not related to app

PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS POST MODERATORS !!!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/8RRIFY1LQ4UL/rog2-board-mic4-issue.mp4

Rog 2 - bottom mic issue
I regret to see that you've had such bad luck twice but it is just that, bad luck. We have thousands of users who have never experienced any issues. Ofc we do testing. You didn't have this mic issue right after your phone came back from service did you?
You have to send it in. There's nothing else to do. I'm sorry

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/33335/rog-2-bottom-mic-issue

I regret to see that you've had such bad luck twice but it is just that, bad luck. We have thousands of users who have never experienced any issues. Ofc we do testing. You didn't have this mic issue right after your phone came back from service did you?

You have to send it in. There's nothing else to do. I'm sorry

View post
I know but these things are bothering... This is my first device that had hardware issues twice even when i keep my phone in a very good condition

naik_vishv5
Star I
I tested each mic separately but the mic 3 had a problem..I wasn't able to hear a thing.

Please provide a solution.