Issue on photos application

edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6
In photos application why the brightness in images automatically increses.

Comments

• Should I return my mobile.
  • Have you adjusted the splendid mode? This issue is caused by the new version of google photo album. It is recommended that you adjust splendid back to standard.
  • I too have same problem but i think the problem is with the app,can you please clarify this @Anders_ASUS
  • kikoly said:
    Have you adjusted the splendid mode? This issue is caused by the new version of google photo album. It is recommended that you adjust splendid back to standard.
    Yes, I can confirm it. 
  • How to disable this splendid mode, I cannot find that option.
  • How to disable this splendid mode, I cannot find that option.

• Where to find this splendid option. Not available.
  • Where to find this splendid option. Not available.
    Settings > Display > Splendid > Standard
  • kikolykikoly Level 5
    edited August 2019
    Where to find ?

Wide color gamut  changed to standard
  • I was too facing this issue after updating to Photos latest version 4.22.0.263006408.
    Switching to Standard color mode does fix it but colors look washed out as I'm used to Wide color gamut now.
  • kikolykikoly Level 5
    edited August 2019
    更新到Photos最新版本4.22.0.263006408後,我也面臨這個問題。
    切換到標準顏色模式確實可以修復它,但顏色看起來很褪色,因為我現在習慣了廣泛的色域。

After confirming that this problem is caused by the new version of google photo album, similar problems have occurred in other mobile phones. Asus has responded to google, thank you.
  • Great. Even I have reported this bug to google day before yesterday.
  • _jis__jis_ Level 5
    edited August 2019
    I have Google Photos latest version 4.22.0.263006408 installed already for 5 days, I am using Wide Color Gamut, but didn't have problem with brightness increasing and decreasing when browsing in photos so maybe the issue is triggered by something else.
    I am using Google Play Services 18.3.85 (100400-262677519).
  • _jis_ said:
    I have Google Photos latest version 4.22.0.263006408 installed already for 5 days, I am using Wide Color Gamut, but didn't have problem with brightness increasing and decreasing when browsing in photos so maybe the issue is triggered by something else.
    I am using Google Play Services 18.3.85 (100400-262677519).
    I also have the same version of Google Play Services.
  • _jis__jis_ Level 5
    edited August 2019
    Ok, so the trigger must be something else :)
    I have Google Photos enabled for auto-start in Power Master.

I uninstalled Instagram, Facebook and Messenger.
    I deactivated Duo, Facebook App Installer, Facebook App Manager and Facebook Services.
    I am using Nova Prime launcher.

• Just realised that the issue is still there even after switching to Standard Color Mode. The issue appears once I zoom into the picture.
  • _jis__jis_ Level 5
    I am using Wide Color Gamut, but didn't have problem with brightness increasing and decreasing when browsing and zooming in photos. I can switch from Wide Color Gamut to Standard mode and back and still have no problem at all. I wonder what is the trigger of this issue.
  • i am also facing the same problem
  • Update to the latest version 4.22.0.263439869. This issue has been fixed now.
This discussion has been closed.