Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) when in Fastboot Mode - 5z
- Model Name: ASUS Zenfone 5z (ZS620KL) (Z01RD)
- Firmware Version: Build is "QKQ1.191008.001.WW_user_18.104.22.168_20210131" and Kernel "4.9.186-perf+"
- Rooted or not: Not
- Frequency of Occurrence: Always
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
- Computer OS: Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2, OS build 19044.2006, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0
I've unlocked my bootloader via the official tool and rebooted into fastboot mode, but I'm afraid my device isn't being correctly detected on Windows 10. I've tried multiple windows 10 devices and multiple cables. The device comes up as "Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" in Device manager, and under events lists "Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\7&192ea77b&0&4 was configured."
I know that's a generic VID & PID so I may manually need to set those values, but I don't know what the correct values would be for a Asus Zenfone 5z Z01DR, so I'm stuck unable to access the device via my PC.
I have the latest version of Google Platform Tools, and I've re-downloaded and installed the drivers from the Asus Support page. Not had this issue in the past with my Zenfone 3...
I've also tried following advice on XDA for HTC models, to no success. Can't post the link, sorry.
Appreciate any ideas or if anyone can provide the correct VID & PID!