Shut down while charging

Hobbyist4Life
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 6 16/512GB
Firmware Version: WW.32.2810.2209.197
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello,
Almost 2 weeks ago my phone started shutting off while charging.
95% of the time happens at night when charging phone while sleeping. I wake up and find the phone to be off which is a huge problem for me as I use the Alarm to wake up in the morning.
It happened once in the early morning I had put the phone on charger and less than 2 minutes the phone was off. That happened while charging in car so I couldn't see what was going on.
I do have ultra steady charging enabled at all times and scheduled charging for my sleep time.

What can I do to help diagnose this issue??

5 REPLIES 5

excavation5
Rising Star II
Hobbyist4Life

1. Model Name: ROG 6 16/512GB
  2. Firmware Version: WW.32.2810.2209.197
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Daily

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

Hello,

95% of the time happens at night when charging phone while sleeping. I wake up and find the phone to be off which is a huge problem for me as I use the Alarm to wake up in the morning.

It happened once in the early morning I had put the phone on charger and less than 2 minutes the phone was off. That happened while charging in car so I couldn't see what was going on.

I do have ultra steady charging enabled at all times and scheduled charging for my sleep time.

Shut down while charging
For sure this problem is for service repair send it to warranty also i dont think there is any software option that can make this problem other thing is that you try whit different charges and cables and problem is still there .... The last thing that you can do before send it to warranty make factory reset and if this dont fix the problem thеn send it

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Hobbyist4Life

Hello,

Shut down while charging
I went over this tons of times, power IC as usual the culprit, send to repair center as usual. Then keep dealing with problems until it breaks outside warranty and pay the same or more for repair as u paid for the phone.
enjoy your Rog6.

Mattias_ASUS
Hobbyist4Life

Hello,

Shut down while charging
Hello!
Is this still an issue?

Hobbyist4Life
Star I
Hello Mattias,

Yes, I am still facing this problem!
However, a couple of days ago I have turned off bedtime mode and set the charging limit to 80%.
Since it doesn't happen every single day, I'm monitoring to see if it will happen again.