Problem with changing volume during phone call

mumei6102mumei6102 Level 2
edited November 26 in ZenFone 9

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 9
  2. Firmware Version: WW_32.2040.2040.23
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Often

On a phone call (regular or VoLTE) it's difficult to change the volume when screen is disabled (e.g. by a proximity sensor). Pressing volume up/down buttons usually doesn't work. It works only in some cases - soon after start of the call or sometimes after many attempts to change the volume.

I have to move the phone from face (to uncover proximity sensors) - when the screen is enabled I can change volume without problems. This solution is annoying.

Comments

• No one else has this problem?

• Me too, I find it very annoying. I tried to look for a solution by checking the system apps in the background but without success. Can anyone who still has v2004 or v2030 check if it works? Thank you!

• I had 2030, the same issue. 2040 doesn't fix it.

• Hey @mumei6102, the issue has been reported to the R&D team.

• Hey @mumei6102, I heard back from the R&D team. When the proximity sensor is blocked during a phone call, the machine suspends to reduce power consumption. It's performing just the way it was intended to.

• @Mansi_ASUS Hey, thanks for the information. I think the volume button can resume, change volume and suspend again. Other phones are able to change volume of voice call when screen is dark...

• eldaireldair Level 1

I agree that this should be allowed regardless of battery concerns.

• Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.

This discussion has been closed.