MiguelAnjo
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: zenfone 9
Firmware Version: latest
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi

I've set the battery charging limit to 90%. However this is respected only if I charge the phone while it is on.
When charging the phone turned off, it always charges up to 100%. Will not this damage (or use more rapidly) the battery?
Cheers, Miguel Anjo
3 REPLIES 3

pavelvarga24
Star III
The charging limit is a software feature, and while the phone is off, software is disabled so it can't limit charging level. Charging the battery to 100% will wear the battery more than charging it to 90%. So I would recommend charging the phone while it is turned on.

LukeBiel
Rising Star I
Charglng the phone to 50% wears the battery even less, be sure not to overcharge it. Who would want a full battery capacity if you can use just a half of it

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.