Zenfone 6 - Android 12

yann_carlosyann_carlos Level 1
edited March 3 in ZenFone 6

Hi !

I would like to know if there is any possibility for receiving android 12 on zenfone 6. Because some users who like the brand are very disappointed due to the availability of only two updates for top of the line devices, unlike competitors like samsung that offer three updates of android versions.

@Anders_ASUS

Comments

• I don't think we will receive Android 12 anymore. It's been several months of silence.

ROG Phone 2 still getting updates although mostly security patch due to much larger userbase than Zenfone 6.

They seem to focus update more on Rog lineup now. Looks like if the sell went well that means more software update.

• They are targeting more on Rog series rather than Zenfone series and since a long time Zenfone 6 didn't even received security updates so if they only give security updates that will be a bless for us.

• Unfortunately it's the pure truth, ASUS has already abandoned the Zenfone 6, which is an excellent device but without support, so I'm switching to the Iphone, it may be more expensive, but it has more support. Goodbye ASUS.

• Does Asus have anything to add to this discussion? @CH_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @Titan_ASUS

• bravebrave Level 1

Again and again.

Guys, please list me all the magic features of A12 for missing which you are going to put away this phone.

Trust me. Rape A12 there would not make it better.

Version of Android is tide to CPU and HW and all new releases means just doing and applying workarounds to support unsupported things by design. You can not do it for more then 1-2 releases.

• @yann_carlos The Zenfone 6 has received two major Android upgrades and more than two years of support at this point. I have no information to share about continued support at this point.

This discussion has been closed.