ROG PHONE II keeps restaring then stays off
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: Asus_I001DC ZS660KL
- Firmware Version: v27 something.. my phone won't turn on for me to check but it automatically updated sometime last week via FOTA
- Rooted or not: not rooted
- Frequency of Occurrence: today September 27, 2021
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): I was in the middle of playing Genshin Impact when it froze and turned off.
In addition to information above, I can only turn it back on by long pressing power+volume up. Then it loops and keeps restarting until it turns off. I have plugged it in with no charging idicator. It was at 60% battery and everytime I turn it back on, it charges a bit more. It was up to 63% after a few times of turning it back on. I pre-ordered my unit last October 2019 with Asus ROG Philippines. It recently heats up when using the shopee app and when playing any games and occasionally while watching YouTube videos but this is the first time that it froze then turned off and wouldn't turn back on.
I accidentally turned it on safe mode while trying to turn it back on as I have mentioned above but before i could even unlock the device, the phone restarted on its own. I was still able to turn it on by long pressing on power and volume up for about 15seconds that was an hour ago. I left it plugged in while eating dinner but now it won't turn on anymore.
All my previous phones lasted way longer than this one. My zenfone 2 4Gb ram had faulty battery and if not for the unavailability of the correct battery model, I would not have replaced it even after more than 9 years of heavy gaming and usage. I wish Asus had a pick-up service for for repairs since it's difficult to find a reliable courier and service center in my area specially now when lock downs are even stricter.