This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature to unlock before power off

Y_hong
Star II
Please add in this feature for ASUS phones. Without this, people who stole or pick up a lost phone is able to power off the phone and owner is not able to track location of phone.
All Samsung phones have this simple features and option to enable this for extra security. But I am surprised that even ASUS high end phones like ROG doesn't have this. Although there are ways to bypass this feature like mentioned in past discussion, it definitely still adds an extra sense of security to phone owners.
So please add this feature in the upcoming security update!
1 REPLY 1

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Y.hong

Please add in this feature for ASUS phones. Without this, people who stole or pick up a lost phone is able to power off the phone and owner is not able to track location of phone.

All Samsung phones have this simple features and option to enable this for extra security. But I am surprised that even ASUS high end phones like ROG doesn't have this. Although there are ways to bypass this feature like mentioned in past discussion, it definitely still adds an extra sense of security to phone owners.

So please add this feature in the upcoming security update!

Feature to unlock before power off
This can be achieved through Play Store. Find an app called Lock Screen Protector. Allow it to be run in the background, start up and prevent super clean on it. Wala - now you can't restart until you have enter your PIN.
It's abit silly though - someone could just force restart/shutdown your phone. How about just look after your phone and then you will be fine 😆