This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Even RED MAGIC upgraded to Android 11!

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
Nubia doesn't upgrade any of their devices to the latest os either. Your stuck with the one it launches with. Maybe 2 updates and that's it. Well they got Android 11 and our beloved rog phone 2 has not. Never would have placed a bet on this reality. Like everyone else can anyone tell us if we are or are not getting Android 11? I mean someone at asus absolutely has the answer, so why not let us know one way or the other?

16 REPLIES 16

Vamp
Zen Master I
kyleashcraft86

Nubia doesn't upgrade any of their devices to the latest os either. Your stuck with the one it launches with. Maybe 2 updates and that's it. Well they got Android 11 and our beloved rog phone 2 has not. Never would have placed a bet on this reality. Like everyone else can anyone tell us if we are or are not getting Android 11? I mean someone at asus absolutely has the answer, so why not let us know one way or the other?

Even RED MAGIC upgraded to Android 11!
They can't say No otherwise there sales will dip by well almost a lot.
Mods response "Android 11 is under evaluation for ROG 2 but there is no ETA" is basically a Nice way of saying no because if something is under evaluation within a company always have a timeline.
2-3 months later they will say that ROG 2 has been kicked out of regular update policy so it is no longer eligible for android 11.
Basically, The answer is no in a nutshell.
We are not getting android 11 whatsoever. At this point just don't buy Asus from next time if you want latest software from time to time.

SoumyaRS
Rising Star II
Vamp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/49339/even-red-magic-upgraded-to-android-11

They can't say No otherwise there sales will dip by well almost a lot.

Mods response "Android 11 is under evaluation for ROG 2 but there is no ETA" is basically a Nice way of saying no because if something is under evaluation within a company always have a timeline.

2-3 months later they will say that ROG 2 has been kicked out of regular update policy so it is no longer eligible for android 11.

Basically, The answer is no in a nutshell.

We are not getting android 11 whatsoever. At this point just don't buy Asus from next time if you want latest software from time to time.

View post
This will be my first and last Asus device. Period

Aryan202
Community Legend I
screenshot-20210613-194841505.jpg
screenshot-20210613-194841505-281-29.jpg
Their firmware site shows that their last update was in June,2020
Where did you read that It got stable A11 btw?

Aryan202
Community Legend I
screenshot-20210613-194752311-1.jpg
Last updated: 06/01/2020
Under Red magic 3 firmware