srota
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus 5z (ASUS_Z01RD)
Firmware Version: WW_100.10.107.123_20210131
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: N/A
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
This week Google has delivered the monthly security patch for their Pixel phones. The most recent security update distributed by Asus for the 5z phone is dated 5 January 2021.
How can Asus pretend to be considered a reliable manufacturer behaving like that? Security patches (and bug fixes!) should continue independently from the fact that two upgrades of the OS have been delivered for 5z. Does Asus understand the difference between evolutive maintenance and corrective maintenance? Basic principe of software development and engineering standards seems to be ignored.
6 REPLIES 6

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
srota

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus 5z (ASUS_Z01RD)
  2. Firmware Version: WW_100.10.107.123_20210131
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: N/A
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

This week Google has delivered the monthly security patch for their Pixel phones. The most recent security update distributed by Asus for the 5z phone is dated 5 January 2021.

How can Asus pretend to be considered a reliable manufacturer behaving like that? Security patches (and bug fixes!) should continue independently from the fact that two upgrades of the OS have been delivered for 5z. Does Asus understand the difference between evolutive maintenance and corrective maintenance? Basic principe of software development and engineering standards seems to be ignored.

Security Patches ignored by Asus
I agree there are many problems with latest firmware. 123
They have broke
Double tap to wake up issue.
Powermaster bug (System switches itself to power saving mode after use of smart switch options always).
Yono SBI banking app crashing forever (only solution is to factory data reset).
Very old security patch with latest firmware. (Qualcomm modem fix is expected for a flagship device).
Phone on restarts take some more time than previous firmware and if we try unlock when we see pattern lock page before system optimisation after restarts,phone gets hang for few seconds. (works smoothly only after full system process or optimisation on homescreen)
I hope all this bugs will be addressed and as a flagship Zenfone 5z will get its one last firmware update (FOTA)
Thanks!

vkk178
Rising Star I
This phone deserves atleast a few more updates to squash some bugs. It is still a great device & still feels new to me though one camera is dead ..

sidarya31
Rising Star II
Never thought that this type of behaviour will take place for a evergreen flagship phone from Asus i.e 5Z. Phone is almost perfect, but software isn't.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
vkk178

This phone deserves atleast a few more updates to squash some bugs. It is still a great device & still feels new to me though one camera is dead ..

View post
I truely agree. I dont think there should be any probelm to provide one last stable firmware for 5z users witch inclusion of latest security patch.
Basic really important features should be fixed atleast before giving up on flagship device.