This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait for availability or order overseas?

jupiler987
Star II
Located in Canada, this phone is perfect for my use-case and I'm very tempted to order it on aliexpress or equivalent.. Any idea on north-american availability?
I know the global version is missing some 5G and 4G north-american bands, but if the wait is over a couple of months, I might as well just order it and not use the 5G

4 REPLIES 4

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
jupiler987

Located in Canada, this phone is perfect for my use-case and I'm very tempted to order it on aliexpress or equivalent.. Any idea on north-american availability?

I know the global version is missing some 5G and 4G north-american bands, but if the wait is over a couple of months, I might as well just order it and not use the 5G

Wait for availability or order overseas?
Should be sooner than 'a couple of months' but we have not announced a specific date just yet

Cyslawo
Rising Star II
I'm from Europe and bought my previous lg G8 on AliExpress from us att distribution, and honestly it was mistake. Phone didn't received any update as att locked updates only to us region and witch their sim cards. Warranty was only 1 year and it was dedicated AliExpress warranty, not producer. Anyway phone worked till month ago, when it just stopped switching from 4g to 3g during call so nobody can't call to me, and i had to wait about 10 sec to swap to 3g when calling. It's probably due to fail in communication with my service provider, maybe problem witch some bands.
So i recommend to wait some time and get fully working and optimized phone than buying it from unofficial distribution.

jupiler987
Star II
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48852/wait-for-availability-or-order-overseas

Should be sooner than 'a couple of months' but we have not announced a specific date just yet

View post
Thanks for the heads-up, if it's most likely being pretty soon then I might as well wait

jupiler987
Star II
Cyslawo

I'm from Europe and bought my previous lg G8 on AliExpress from us att distribution, and honestly it was mistake. Phone didn't received any update as att locked updates only to us region and witch their sim cards. Warranty was only 1 year and it was dedicated AliExpress warranty, not producer. Anyway phone worked till month ago, when it just stopped switching from 4g to 3g during call so nobody can't call to me, and i had to wait about 10 sec to swap to 3g when calling. It's probably due to fail in communication with my service provider, maybe problem witch some bands.

So i recommend to wait some time and get fully working and optimized phone than buying it from unofficial distribution.

View post
I don't disagree, it's most certainly safer and better to wait and order from the "official" regional seller. I've ordered a Xioami Mi Mix 3 on aliexpress a couple years ago and it's been working mostly fine so I didn't have to use or consider using the warranty, but it's a bit of a gamble... The only factor here is that I'm impatient and I've been waiting for a sub-6 inch flagship phone for a long time...