johnnnyjohnnny Level 1
edited July 13 in ROG Phone 2

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ASUS_I001D ZS770KL
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0240.2103.75
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Every Week
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I just bought this phone since the first week of April of 2021 and updated the phone up to the latest the problems I had are sudden shutdowns, I keep getting this issue every week and after a month of use the phone freezes and doesn't reboot it stays stuck on the screen. I tried force shutdown it doesn't turn off, I held the power button for a minute it turns off but when I try to turn it on it won't reboot. I charged it and it doesn't turn on the screen, I powered on while charging but it won't turn on, I held the power button, volume up + power button for a minute or so it works but the issue of shutting down every week is still here and it's getting worse that the start up slows down. I need help on this issue hoping for an easy free fix, I loved this phone since it was out and finally saved up to buy one after 2 years so save a new Asus Customer here.

Comments

• ronald1985ronald1985 127.0.0.1 Level 5

I would try the dealer first to see if you can get a refund/or swap with a new device.

If that doesn't work, then you will need to visit the service centre.

• johnnnyjohnnny Level 1

Do I show a video proof it happens? I can't predict when the problem happens.

• edited May 31

Hi johnnny

Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.

1. Have you ever unlocked or flashed custom ROM on the device?

2. Did you purchase the device from ASUS authorized channel?

3. The device will go through pressure test to duplicate auto-shutdown/auto-reboot issue at the repair center. Therefore, the test will fail if your device does have the issue. However, a video recording the issue will be a plus.

4. If the situation remains the same after performing Factory Reset, according to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/

If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try CallUs: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

*Please backup before you submit the device to the repair center

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036182/

5. If you need any repair guiding, please check your inbox and provide me your information for further device checking.

Cheers.

• johnnnyjohnnny Level 1

1. Have never unlocked nor flashed it.

2. Yes, when I asked for the phone they direct me to the nearby Asus store.

3. I'll see within this week if I can get a video so it may help.

4. Have done it before and this issue remains, will be visiting either a dealer or a service center.

• Hi johnnny

1. Sure, providing the video to me or the repair center will be a plus.

2. Besides, when and how did the issue normally happen? Did it often appear while using any gaming app or watching video?

3. Since you mentioned that the issue persists after performing Factory Reset, you may check your inbox and provide me your personal information for further repair guiding if you need any repair-guiding assistance.

Cheers.

• BrokeBroke Level 1

Yeah, same problem here, and it's really annoying, i see a lot of people complaining about this problem and i saw them saying it's the Android version 10 issues, can't we just get a fix on the software or something instead of telling us to repair our phones, please!

Like bruh, it's 2021 already and I'm still having this issue, there's still no solution for this? It's so annoying tbh, at first my phone shuts down while I'm charging it, that was okay for me, but now it starts shutting down while I'm playing games and it's so annoying i had to restart it and when i restart my phone and open the game again it shuts down itself again it happens for like 5 times, someone please find a way to fix this problem, it happens to everyone! clearly it's not the phones!

Doesn't happen to me.

Besides, moderators have already had this checked out and majority of the issue is pointed to hardware.

• BrokeBroke Level 1

Okay, then this phone is trash eh, i should've bought OnePlus man🤦🏻‍♂️

I'm not rich at all, i work so hard, i save up money and i wasted a lot of my time instead of studying for this phone because i wanna play PubG with my friends on my free time. Now I can't play anymore cause it won't stop shutting down itself.

I'm really disappointed rn.

You can always try to downgrade to A9 to see if it reduces the problem. To some, this had worked.

It is worth taking the device to the service centre if you are still in warranty as you never know the hardware defect can cause more problems later. The restart is just the tip of the iceberg by the sounds of things.

If you have brought the phone within the last couple of days, take it back to them and ask for a refund.

• kikolykikoly Level 5

The occasional restart problem has been fixed in .90, you can update the firmware to .90.

You can wait for the FOTA or just download the latest file and place it in internal storage:

• kikolykikoly Level 5

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ZenFone/ZS660KL/UL-ASUS_I001_1-ASUS-17.0240.2105.90-1.1.229-user.zip

• VampVamp Level 3

I don't think occasional restarting issue have been resolved... after reading it twice, previously in some update I think after clicking on restart, it used to skip the restart logo, that has been resolved.

• kikolykikoly Level 5

I have never encountered a restart since I started using ROG2, so I have no way to confirm whether the problem is really solved. If the problem persists after the firmware is updated, you must record the log or visit the service center to find out the problem.

• After the update i can say that the bug i had when i plug n play pubg screen blackouts has been resolved .Fps improved in hdr extreme settings . Ghost touch is a bit less compared to prev updates. Pretty good update for me.

• johnnnyjohnnny Level 1

Sorry for bumping to this but I just want to update that the new Firmware really worked I have no sudden restarts and I'm glad it fixed the flickering at 120Hz.

My only concern left is hoping for a better battery optimization, my old 4000mAh phone only depleted 30% of 8 hours while the ROG Phone 2 with 6000mAh depleted 50% also 8 hours.

Will keep this phone for years to come if updates are provided I don't care about Android 11 or 12 just optimize this for the best, will request to have this thread solved and close.

My advice for battery is to ensure Facebook, Instagram or any other social platforms don't run in the background. They are battery intensive and doing things in the background a lot of the time.

Try checking out the Power Master options and any apps you don't need notifications ensure they don't start up and have them on battery optimized.

• johnnnyjohnnny Level 1

Scratch that, I'm still having that issue whenever I Screen Share on discord it froze and restarted on its own.

Do you have headphone plugged into the headphone jack? Can you let me know what settings/whether you have earphones using which port, etc?

There used to be an issue with restart of Discord when plugging earphones to the earphone jack with screen share. But that was fixed in the last two updates.

This discussion has been closed.