This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix on ROG Phone 3 , is the Premium Subscription unneccessary ???

Helo__PuweY
Rising Star I
Hi my ROG 3 Friends,
I have a little Question.
I want to buy my first Netflix Subscription for my ROG 3 and it would be my first time.
I know I can also watch on other devices like my Computer, but if I see all 3 Subscription,
there is a Basis (480p) , a Standard (1080p) and a Premium (4k+HDR)
Rog 3 has a resolution of 1080p, so my Question is:
is the Premium Subscription unneccessary if I just wanna watch stuff on my Phone??
I know not everything is in 4k on Netflix, but would I for example still have HDR with the Premium Subscription ??
Or is it just wasted money, because like I said, the Phone just supports 1080p and the Standard Subscription would be enough.
Appreciate any anwser/experience & thanking in Advance 🙂
5 REPLIES 5

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Helo ;PuweY

Hi my ROG 3 Friends,

I want to buy my first Netflix Subscription for my ROG 3 and it would be my first time.

I know I can also watch on other devices like my Computer, but if I see all 3 Subscription,

is the Premium Subscription unneccessary if I just wanna watch stuff on my Phone??

I know not everything is in 4k on Netflix, but would I for example still have HDR with the Premium Subscription ??

Or is it just wasted money, because like I said, the Phone just supports 1080p and the Standard Subscription would be enough.

Just go for the cheapest price they usually upgrade you for the first month for free but you won't notice any difference,I don't

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Helo ;PuweY

Hi my ROG 3 Friends,

Rog 3 has an HDR10+ 1080p display so premium would be nice,but you won't see any 4k

Helo__PuweY
Rising Star I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46431/netflix-on-rog-phone-3-is-the-premium-subscription-unne...

Rog 3 has an HDR10+ 1080p display so premium would be nice,but you won't see any 4k

View post
Thank you Greekleader, unfortunately Netflix got more greedy, I knew a few days or a month ago ( don't know anymore the exactly time ) I could register my 1st subscription and Netflix would upgrade me as a new user for free to one higher subscription for a month, so taking the standard subscription would be great: 1080p + the HDR Feature from Premium to see and test it on the phone, but now even as a new customer you won't get any higher subscription for the first time for free. And choosing premium only for HDR is a little bit too expensive and not worth for me. Still thanks for helping 🙂

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Helo ;PuweY

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/160406#Comment_160406

Thank you Greekleader, unfortunately Netflix got more greedy, I knew a few days or a month ago ( don't know anymore the exactly time ) I could register my 1st subscription and Netflix would upgrade me as a new user for free to one higher subscription for a month, so taking the standard subscription would be great: 1080p + the HDR Feature from Premium to see and test it on the phone, but now even as a new customer you won't get any higher subscription for the first time for free. And choosing premium only for HDR is a little bit too expensive and not worth for me. Still thanks for helping 🙂

View post
That's strange,I have been upgraded the last 3 times. I will only keep Netflix for a month or two then let the subscription lapse and use something else like Hulu or HBO but when I renew it they have been upgrading me. What Netflix country do you use ? I use USA via a VPN or smart DNS but I don't think that has anything to do with it