This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on ROG 2 updates?

nationkid
Rising Star II
This is a plead now. Any communication about updates would be great mods.

I understand you can't obtain direct comfirmation but I would be reassured even if the chances of software support ended now rather than having us hanging on for a small one.

There has been no commication about delays or anything and ROG 2's "2 year" support ends in less than 3 months.

I really am begging you for something. I spent £880 on this phone yet I now have begun slowly moving back to my old Sony Xperia XZ premium because of the lack of software support and features.

91 REPLIES 91

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
nationkid

This is a plead now. Any communication about updates would be great mods.

I understand you can't obtain direct comfirmation but I would be reassured even if the chances of software support ended now rather than having us hanging on for a small one.

There has been no commication about delays or anything and ROG 2's "2 year" support ends in less than 3 months.

I really am begging you for something. I spent £880 on this phone yet I now have begun slowly moving back to my old Sony Xperia XZ premium because of the lack of software support and features.

Any news on ROG 2 updates?
Almost every other model apart from 6z & ROG 5 have not been updated since more than 2 months now. And let me assure you that support has not been ended on ROG 2 its just that delayed so i have gone through many ROG 2 threads and according to Mods update will be released when it is ready so basically they are still working. And if you are bothering about monthly security patches let me tell you that ASUS doesnt release updates having changelogs of only security patches but they try to manage bug fixes & security patches at a time in a single update this has been there update policy till date. yes this time wait is bit longer. But Also i assume this delay was only because of ROG 5 launch, chinese new year & Also beta testings with ROG 3/Zenfone 7 whose beta/stable releases are starting soon so now I guess ROG 2 upcoming FOTA may not be too far away as well.
Even ROG 3 started to get its Android 11 beta mails from today so basically other models will follow slowly inline with whatever the required releases are. ( not sure if ROG 2 will get Android 11 or not but bug fixes & security patches are on its way.
Thanks!

ImShrey
Rising Star II
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45980/any-news-on-rog-2-updates

Almost every other model apart from 6z & ROG 5 have not been updated since more than 2 months now. And let me assure you that support has not been ended on ROG 2 its just that delayed so i have gone through many ROG 2 threads and according to Mods update will be released when it is ready so basically they are still working. And if you are bothering about monthly security patches let me tell you that ASUS doesnt release updates having changelogs of only security patches but they try to manage bug fixes & security patches at a time in a single update this has been there update policy till date. yes this time wait is bit longer. But Also i assume this delay was only because of ROG 5 launch, chinese new year & Also beta testings with ROG 3/Zenfone 7 whose beta/stable releases are starting soon so now I guess ROG 2 upcoming FOTA may not be too far away as well.

Even ROG 3 started to get its Android 11 beta mails from today so basically other models will follow slowly inline with whatever the required releases are. ( not sure if ROG 2 will get Android 11 or not but bug fixes & security patches are on its way.

Thanks!

View post
Fyi last rog update was delayed too, slated for Nov as per policy. Dropped in Dec. Also one of the changelog item, said, whatsapp/bluetooth calling issue is fixed. But to this date it isn't.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157995#Comment_157995

Fyi last rog update was delayed too, slated for Nov as per policy. Dropped in Dec. Also one of the changelog item, said, whatsapp/bluetooth calling issue is fixed. But to this date it isn't.

View post
Sometimes few bugs are really very hard to be rectified and so those may take time to get a fix with numerous testings its not that easy to release it on promised timeline yes this is unfair for users but any OEM sees to it that version should be as stable as it can be ROG Series is definetly a complicated gaming hardware comaparing any other OEM or flagships out there and it had lot of other aspects to be considered for any firmware with its external mods support this gets really hard sometimes & also its really very timetaking as i said above fews bugs are hard to be rectified and get fixed.
What i think is last update which you recieved in month of dec instead of nov is not a big issue but you should also see what changelog have included in those updates
I see that there are lots of Additions like volte, kunai gamepad support etc. Let me tell you getting full support from carrier may also take time while adding volte or vowifi so i say few things should be acceptable if those are not on time.
About your whatsapp & Bluetooth issue i guess anders sir is already looking into it if yes there is really a problem than he will definetly try that this will be fixed in next FOTA.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158030#Comment_158030

Sometimes few bugs are really very hard to be rectified and so those may take time to get a fix with numerous testings its not that easy to release it on promised timeline yes this is unfair for users but any OEM sees to it that version should be as stable as it can be ROG Series is definetly a complicated gaming hardware comaparing any other OEM or flagships out there and it had lot of other aspects to be considered for any firmware with its external mods support this gets really hard sometimes & also its really very timetaking as i said above fews bugs are hard to be rectified and get fixed.

What i think is last update which you recieved in month of dec instead of nov is not a big issue but you should also see what changelog have included in those updates

I see that there are lots of Additions like volte, kunai gamepad support etc. Let me tell you getting full support from carrier may also take time while adding volte or vowifi so i say few things should be acceptable if those are not on time.

About your whatsapp & Bluetooth issue i guess anders sir is already looking into it if yes there is really a problem than he will definetly try that this will be fixed in next FOTA.

View post
FYI, that bug was reported in August last year!
I don't know how much patience you have. But you are being super defensive of asus for no reason here.
Everyone is using voip apps like skype zoom duo etc during pandemic times and this should have been 1st priority. Atleast in top 3-4, don't know. We are now 9 months in, and yet no fix.
Who you justify this? Also if testing takes time and resources then why it was tested wrongfully and pushed as "fixed" in last update? Whereas it isn't fixed.
Also changelog? Man june 2020 first reported or even jan 2020 all mainstream brands started receiving Airtel voWiFi, why its missing for more than a year at this point? Would you consider it as a feature? Its basic Fundamental functionality. How can you not push something that even 100$ phones have built in?
Justify this!

Also I can count you number of new features that are added to CN version of Rog 2, fingerprint animations etc. None of them made it through global builds, why? If it is ready, why not just push it to WW? Literally not all of them were region specific feature.